Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

another review!

Also worth noting that though familiarity with the IP definitely isn’t necessary to enjoy this ride, SLoP1 is Universal’s ninth highest grossing movie and has the strongest debut gross of all illumination franchises (unless you count minions as a separate franchise from despicable me). The second admittedly didn’t match that, being universal’s 31 highest grossing film but that number definitely isn’t bad in its own right, especially being animated). Though box office numbers are different when counting inflation, seeing all the movies the sequel outdid box office wise that are so memorable to us is pretty interesting.

Late Edit: The first movie also the 17th highest grossing animated film of all time, earning more than memorable films like Inside Out, Moana, The Incredibles, Up, The Majority of the shrek films, the entire KFP franchise, ratatouille etc

Last edited:
So with Knotts not opening up until Past Mid May at the Earliest, Guess this spring ride just become a Summer ride....IF we are lucky. Also wonder if Super Nintendo land will get pushed back

Got a couple more great reviews from team members. Looks like Universal has a big hit on their hands once the Park reopens:

August Macias
USH team member here: oh yes, it’s amazing. Best dark ride in the park since Forbidden Journey (source Five Fives comments page from
following video):

Best dark ride in the park since Forbidden Journey

I mean... Not a whole lot of competition there considering it's the only dark ride in the park since Forbidden Journey, haha.

Snark aside, I really can't wait to ride this. I have no attachment to the franchise itself, but all this positive buzz is a good thing. Even if it's months from now before the park reopens, it'll be nice to have something completely new to experience once it does!

We never even got a video of the ride...wish they had one public day of it open
There was a leak on Snapchat, I don’t think anyone thought to screen record. But it’s been done for months (for the most part) I think it might open when the park does or soon after... the team members have been training since they closed.

I suppose I'm being selfish, but I wish they would let those with the preview passes ride it first. Heck, I'd even go to ride it if that were the only ride open in the park. They could just open that side gate and keep the rest of the park closed, if needed.

I suppose I'm being selfish, but I wish they would let those with the preview passes ride it first. Heck, I'd even go to ride it if that were the only ride open in the park. They could just open that side gate and keep the rest of the park closed, if needed.
I mean if they were going to open for that ride better to open up the Plaza area, Mels Dinner and the two rides in Silly Fun Land too...but that would be cool

got an email about 2 weeks ago about winning tickets and the the tagline was about riding SLOP. So I would assume that means this opens when the park does?

got an email about 2 weeks ago about winning tickets and the the tagline was about riding SLOP. So I would assume that means this opens when the park does?
considering it was having previews and rumors of soft openings as early as early march, and they hadnt stopped construction during the quarantine, it's safe to assume opening day of the park will be opening day of the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.