Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

September 18, 2013 - Halloween Horror Nights Employee Preview Night

Jon Fu

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus
Jul 26, 2010
California
Chris was nice enough to snap some shots of Employee Preview Night for this year's Halloween Horror Nights event.

Just as a reminder: we'll have more extensive coverage in the coming days on the main site. For now, here are a few teasers.

Untitled by InsideUniversal.net, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
My HHN 2013 Preview Review (SPOILERS MAY BE IN THIS REVIEW)

So unfortunately i was not able to make it to the parks opening ceremony so I did miss the show but the audio is repeated through the event giving you the same effect.

First will do "Scarezones" or lack there of.

Purge: Survive the Night

One of the best zone to walk through(and forced because its at the entrance to the park.LOL).  No set dressings were really needed as it can take place anywhere in the US. Masks and costume are done well and really give a creepy effect. They chose an actor to portray the young man terrorizing the family in the film perfectly. While walking up to the podium area under the flame blast tower many guest believed that it was the same actor from the movie.

The Curse of Chucky

Set dressings are scarce. Characters are random and Chucky's are few.

Cirque Du Klownz

I like the change in clowns that are used for this redone scarezone. More European style clowns with an extra creepiness in the masks. The areas dressing is done really well with some cool light and fog effects.

Scarecrowz

scarecrowz in stilts and thats it.

The Walking Dead: Dead on arrival

WOW I mean WOW I wish we could walk through this scarzone more but you only walk through it after your dropped off for Walking Dead and Black Sabbath. The all encompassing front lot put you right in the middle of a zombie invasion in anyplace USA. The use of lights a plenty of walkers are enough to make you cower in a corner. Walk through this area SLOW are you wont get to much time or chance to do it again.

Time for Mazes

El Cucuy

Facade was so so and lacking for me. Most of this maze is shrouded in darkness. Best parts the Cucuys lair and props and masks used in this area. This maze falls really short from La Llorona and feels cramped and short.

Monster Remixed: Resurrection

Yes this is almost exactly like last years with some lighting changes and music(better) changes. I was really interested in this maze as it was going to house the character drawing winner which was a take on the Invisible man and also a show that i follow closely on SyFy Face Off which did a Frankenstein's Monster and Bride. Best room was the main room with all three characters mesmerizing and scaring you all at the same time.

Evil Dead: Book of the Dead

Facade black wall with plants in front of it. Lots of great scenes from the movie. My favorite was the guy reading from the book. The maze flows like the movie and retells the story very well. Watch out for the raining blood.

Insidious: Into the further

The black and red demon from the movie is very prominent in this maze along with the lady in black. Great effect are used with a lot of dark areas and rooms. 

Black Sabbath: 13 3D

After years of testing i feel this is their best 3D maze done with large scale rooms to give the 3D the extra encompassing feeling. You will find many props here from passed mazes such as Saw, La Llorona, and The Mummy that have been slightly tweaked to hide their pre use. Great use of screens in the nuke room and music(even if you have never heard it) throughout the entire maze is awesome.

Walking Dead: No Safe Haven

Way better facade then the years passed and larger free spaces to put you into the middle of the prison. Best scene uses the arm less zombies used by Michonne's in the series. I think with out the Front lot experience the maze would fall short. I did watch USO walking dead maze first and i can say the they did a better job the Hollywood. 

I decided to skip the Terror Tram as very little changes from year to year and watch Bill and Ted.

Bill and Ted:

Same old Bill and Ted but i must say that the lighting and rigging used for it was spectacular. Oz is the main theme and watch for Milley, Justin, Taylor, and Kim.

Last edited by a moderator: