Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

September 6, 2013 Photo Update

Let me just say i'm a minority and I auctually like shrek 4d I don't think it's horrible, but I don't think it's amazing it's just mediocre. I love the first 2 movies( 3&4 are ok) and I would of much rather had a shrek dark ride.

What they did with shrek is just cheap (to carnival like), I would of loved if they gave it more Duloc castle theming.

Also I wonder where they have Bruce right now. I think someone mentioned this before but It would be great if they put Bruce near animal actors since he was one (although he was a mechanical one). Or by the studio tour loading area because the tour has a jaws segment.

BTW great photos Jmills!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics! Crazy how fast everything is changing. Funny seeing the map so different. I'm happy I got a sneak peek of it so I wasn't too shocked. ;)

I REALLY hope the Shrek queue entrance is temporary. Because it looks unrealistically cheap. Like...wow. Like Bonkers said, would it have killed them to keep it in theme and theme it to the Castle of Duloc like the REST of the building?! Way too temporary and carnival looking. Even though Shrek 4D isn't my favorite, it's far from bad and deserves better....

And wow, Universal Plaza is ALREADY being used as a flex space! Cool :) Although I hope most of the fountains are still on because of the heatwave...

Regarding Flintstones BBQ, as out of place and random it is, especially now, it's a very well themed BBQ joint and I don't think they're in any hurry to remove it. But many people HAVE told me that they're looking to open another BBQ place elsewhere (maybe a new very well themed T-Rex BBQ?)

And yeah, I'm also curious what they'll do with the hanging Bruce photo opp. They ALREADY removed him, so it'll be nice to see him pop up elsewhere....

I REALLY hope the Shrek queue entrance is temporary. Because it looks unrealistically cheap. Like...wow. Like Bonkers said, would it have killed them to keep it in theme and theme it to the Castle of Duloc like the REST of the building?! Way too temporary and carnival looking. Even though Shrek 4D isn't my favorite, it's far from bad and deserves better....
From what I know, management is still deciding. But if they do decide to keep it permanent, don't expect a redesign. This is, sadly, it. (even I'm taken aback by how cheap it looks)

Also Bruce being removed ASAP is a very, very good thing.

From what I know, management is still deciding. But if they do decide to keep it permanent, don't expect a redesign. This is, sadly, it. (even I'm taken aback by how cheap it looks)

Also Bruce being removed ASAP is a very, very good thing.
Honestly, I have faith in Universal that it IS temporary. With how well themed everything is nowadays in Florida and over here, I definitely feel that they'll make a more cohesive entrance before Potter opens. I just wish that, even though it's (hopefully) temporary, it wasn't such an eyesore.

And I agree! Bruce being removed so fast is a great sign that they want him up in his new location super soon. Animal Actors or Studio Tour unloading is a great location.

(Although I hope that's what it is, and that it wasn't just plopped somewhere in the prop department or the fire department)

Speaking of photo opps, kinda off topic, but I'm curious what happened to that giant Kong photo opp they had from 2005-2006 in front of BTTF. That was such a great photo opp. I know he was later removed and was just sitting on the backlot for a while. What a shame. Was very impressive.

Allen I heard it rotted in the backlot and came apart

And my own question what happened to the hulk photo op?

I really hope the walls that block the walkway between Shrek and the Tram come down before next summer, because it was a complete log jam over by Simpsons and especially between SES and Flintstones BBQ. Funneling crowds through a narrow path made it a pain.

Allen I heard it rotted in the backlot and came apart

And my own question what happened to the hulk photo op?
My answer to you is your answer to me! Haha the Hulk rotted away in the backlot, I believe on one of the employee parking lots or something. I heard Kong rotted since he was just a giant stuffed animal basically, lots of perishable materials, but I was hoping for a different story deep down haha. A new Kong photo opp would be fantastic!

My answer to you is your answer to me! Haha the Hulk rotted away in the backlot, I believe on one of the employee parking lots or something. I heard Kong rotted since he was just a giant stuffed animal basically, lots of perishable materials, but I was hoping for a different story deep down haha. A new Kong photo opp would be fantastic!
I'm pretty sure it didn't, because it exists in one of the studio lot buildings.

I'm pretty sure it didn't, because it exists in one of the studio lot buildings.
Really?! That's good to know then! I could've sworn that I saw in pics that it was fading and slowly becoming destroyed. Nice to know that it's still around and possibly got restored. Cant say the same about so many other Universal picture cars, props, and even ride props and animatronics. :/

buildingquestion.png

What are these buildings behind the movie theater?

Just placeholders/space fillers for that location during construction of Wizarding World, similar to the barnyard looking soundstage they have in place of T23D while Minion Mayhem is being constructed.

Personally, if it was up to me, I'd blur that entire space and have a logo fill that space that says "Wizarding World of Harry Potter - Coming Soon!" just to tease, entice, and build hype for Wizarding World (not that it needs it ;) )

Great pics! Crazy how fast everything is changing. Funny seeing the map so different. I'm happy I got a sneak peek of it so I wasn't too shocked. ;)

And wow, Universal Plaza is ALREADY being used as a flex space! Cool :) Although I hope most of the fountains are still on because of the heatwave...

Regarding Flintstones BBQ, as out of place and random it is, especially now, it's a very well themed BBQ joint and I don't think they're in any hurry to remove it. But many people HAVE told me that they're looking to open another BBQ place elsewhere (maybe a new very well themed T-Rex BBQ?)

And yeah, I'm also curious what they'll do with the hanging Bruce photo opp. They ALREADY removed him, so it'll be nice to see him pop up elsewhere....
well i know that the Trex bbq they tested didnt work out too well, but i hope they will bring it back soon! (love me AYCEBBQ)

The Upper Lot is looking quite sad to me at the moment. I enjoyed having something new and refreshing (Universal Plaza) in the middle of what we had before. I guess this Evolution Plan is full steam ahead.

Upper lot looks great to me! Crowd control will be hectic, but we have a brand new Universal Plaza and none of the closed attractions besides Mummy's tomb I'm going to miss. I'm excited for heavy construction!!!!