Sesame Place, worth it? | Inside Universal Forums

Sesame Place, worth it?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

IzzyB

V.I.P. Member
May 23, 2010
Orlando, FL
OK, so my husband and I are going to be driving up the east coast in August and making stops along the way to visit family and friends. While there we are doing some stuff that we did as a kid, so our daughter can experience it. One is Idlewild in Pittsburgh (for me) and the other is Wild Wood, NJ (for my husband - so scared about this one, never been there and never have heard good things about it). But another stop my husband talked about is Sesame Place. I said OK, but now he is starting to re-think this decision. Is it worth the money? $60 a day for a park is a bit much for a local park where we would have to pay that price for my daughter since it says 2+ you have to pay for kids. So my daughter is 2 1/2 and we would do the water stuff earlier in the day and then do the dry rides later in the day, so we would do both parts. But the dry side looks a little weak in what it has to offer, but she does like Sesame Street, so she may like it. For those that have gone recently Is it worth it and is it a full day park? My husband hasn't been there since he was a kid.

I did get him to at least cut out the side trip to storybook place in NJ (I think that is what it is called) since we will do something very similar to that during our Idlewild trip. Which Idlewild is $30 and seems like way more is offered there.

Last edited:
I haven't been since I was a kid, but it's right near me. The place is clean. Kids love it, it's the parents that get driven nuts. You can imagine how nuts a kids water park can get. The one tip I do have is definitely do not plan on eating in the park. Pack a lunch, then eat dinner somewhere in or around Oxford Valley mall which is right outside the park.

SESAME PLACE IS 60 BUCKS NOW!?!?!

Anyway.

I used to work at the park 'back in the day' when I was 40lbs heavier, under the age to drink, and 'not a man'. So it was many years ago. The park is 75% water park, 25% dry attractions and things. There's a coaster, a stage show, a parade, a play area, and I think two or three family flat rides for the 'dry' section.

I'm not a huge water park person at all, so I wouldn't go back. But that's just me. If your daughter LOVES pools and water parks she'll love Sesame Place. Otherwise, no. Also, note that the park sells the one and two day tickets at THE SAME PRICE. We used to push this hard core. Also, local places (Wendy's, grocery stores, etc) give out discount coupons for like $10 off per ticket, or something, for single day tickets.

I will have to have my husband's family find coupons, so we don't have to pay full price. My daughter loves water rides and pools, so that is not an issue.

Thanks for the advice about packing a lunch, but I doubt we will. We will be traveling a good bit this trip (23 days - 9 different cities) and therefore we have no means to pack lunches. Also, we never tend to do that, we know park prices are going to be high and we go in expecting high prices and mediocre food. Sometimes we are surprised and the food is actually good - lol

Yes, $60.99 to be exact and like Sea World you get a second day. But unlike Sea World I think we could get through all of Sesame Place in one day. So we are not planning a second day.

I actually picked up a coupon at McDonald's yesterday. It's valid weekdays only though. You save $10 online when you enter the promo code SESAMEMCDPA. Valid up to 6 people.

Yeah, I just saw today when going out to their website they are now offering a promo on weekdays. Since I am going on a weekday, this should work out perfectly. Thanks for the info!