Share Your Ride Failure | Inside Universal Forums

Share Your Ride Failure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2015
I had a fun idea for a discussion. What are some scary/funny ride breakdowns you'd be willing to share? I have a
couple to start off, starting with Revenge of the Mummy.

My wife and I were visiting USO a few years back, and while riding the Mummy we made it to the scene where Imhotep shatters the glass next to the "Team Member". Although this time, after it happened we didn't move..we waited, nothing it was pitch black with Imhotep's laugh the only sound in the room. Then, we waited and the scene finally played over again and we started moving except we went over the drop VERY slowly (terrifying). I had time to speak a full sentence that I cannot repeat. The rest of the ride had absolutely no audio. Pretty scary experience, my wife is still nervous to go on it to this day, lol.

The other story is pretty funny. I got to experience Escape from Gringotts for the first time in March of this year. We had to do child swap, and I let my wife ride it first. She came back ecstatic, and said it was really fun. I went on fairly excited, I loved the FJ so I guess my expectations were running high. I made it to the scene where Bellatrix and Voldemort are about to curse your RV, when suddenly they both disappeared into thin air. I sat there for a good 20 seconds and nothing happened. So much for my first experience. The rest was terrible. I had to wait again off to the side and it took forever. After finally getting on again..the exact same thing happened! I was so mad, I complained because my wife had to wait so long and she insisted I ride it. We all got a free Butterbeer out of it :whoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.