Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shazam

Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!
Strange things are afoot at the not-Circle-K, as the first look of Zachary Levi as Shazam has been revealed.
Shazam-Official.jpg

Being directed by David Sandberg, the film will star Zachary Levi, Asher Angel, Mark Strong, and more; as the film releases on April 5, 2019.

What do you think? Are you excited of this new addition to the DCEU? Comment down below!

I enjoy that we are getting two Captain Marvel films in March (granted, Shazam hasn’t gone by that name in a while).

I think the tone of this film will be what makes or breaks it. As of right now, just in general, I know a lot of GA have lost faith in DC and have kind of checked out of their films. It’ll be interesting to see how this does.

Either way, it’ll only have a few weeks to make its money before Marvel takes over the end of March with Captain Marvel.

Hell must've frozen over because i'm actually excited for a DC movie. Like legit really excited. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.

The fact that it doesn't try to be dark and "edgy" though is what really makes this movie stand out to me I think. The trailer sort of gives me Spider-Man: Homecoming vibes a bit.

Gotta say this is the first time in a long time that I've had confidence in the direction of DC.

Shazam, Aquaman, WW84 are a perfect trio of movies for moving DC forward after Justice League.

Tone, mood, setting, etc. look perfect in the Shazam trailer in particular.

Gotta say this is the first time in a long time that I've had confidence in the direction of DC.

Shazam, Aquaman, WW84 are a perfect trio of movies for moving DC forward after Justice League.

Tone, mood, setting, etc. look perfect in the Shazam trailer in particular.

Yeah I haven't and won't watch Justice Legaue. But I'm totally on board for this one. Looks like a fun time.

It’s being reported that Superman was set to appear in this film. However, DC and Henry Cavill could not work it out, and the latter is now allegedly done as the Man of Steel.

here's a funny story about shazam. me and my family went to a early preview for it. we went in, and then we started getting red band trailers for previews (reminder, there's kids in the audience). i was confused, but apparently they were accidently showing the us previews beforehand. so instead of action film trailers, we got tons of red band trailers instead. we didn't watch shazam sadly, but we did get free tickets for another film.
basically long story short, today was a mega oof.

Last edited: