Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shooting scare at Universal Orlando

Just one data point...I'm going to be in Orlando a week from Friday pre cruise. I was going to use my annual pass to pop over to the parks as I'm never there at night, but honestly now having second thoughts. I too old to be dealing wuth stuff like this.
This is rare and why it is making the news

I hate to break it to you guys, but i've seen many parking garage fights in my years going to UOR. I normally report them to UOR security and it normally gets resolved without the media causing a big stir since it's just drunk guests being idiots.
And not hard to avoid. Let them work it out the same as you would do on the streets.
I could see them upgrading the lighting in the garages though

I hate to break it to you guys, but i've seen many parking garage fights in my years going to UOR. I normally report them to UOR security and it normally gets resolved without the media causing a big stir since it's just drunk guests being idiots.
I second this, to add, I had two incidents where I left an HHN queue to grab security because a fight was about to escalate

This has a "Ride breaks down and strands guests for hours" type smell to it

However, it still must be noted that the parking garages do need a bit more security presence

It seems they vanish once you hit the drinking checkpoint before the moving walkways

I second this, to add, I had two incidents where I left an HHN queue to grab security because a fight was about to escalate

This has a "Ride breaks down and strands guests for hours" type smell to it

However, it still must be noted that the parking garages do need a bit more security presence

It seems they vanish once you hit the drinking checkpoint before the moving walkways
There's camera's in the garages and security is based on the first floor near team member parking, but they don't like to do anything unless they have to/are forced to.

Things happen in the garage all the time and generally I let it go, but like I was saying, I do contact security sometimes if it's a highly escalated situation or it's to the point of getting out of hand.

Joining in the group thats seen fights in the parking lots more than a few times. Generally nothing serious or nearly as big as this one looked like it was and security takes care of it.

Anecdotally, and I definitely haven't been going to Universal nearly as much as I used to, but has anyone seen the bike cops patrolling them? Of the times we've parked in the garage recently, I've made statement about how empty they feel regarding staff and/or security