Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Shrek 4D - Hollywood

Exactly..! All I could think of was how disappointed everyone was gonna be after they saw the show..
I'd actually be interested to hear what new guests have to say about Shrek. It's one thing for us regulars to constantly dig at the show, but it's another if guests respond positively.

Remember, we're all a minority.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like if it was originally a ride, the attraction would be a lot more popular than it is now. Not that there was much room for a large dark ride in the first place, but I'm sad that Puss in Boots isn't included anywhere in the attraction. No love for my favorite character??

The fact that it takes place between the first two movies is a huge restraint. Many popular characters, locations, and elements were introduced in the last three movies. Why make it so restricted?

I really have noticed that with Universal recently, the more deserving franchises haven't been getting the best attractions: Shrek and Despicable Me, both huge hits with sequels and/or upcoming movies and popular characters deserved bigger and better rides.

The timelessness of an attraction contributes greatly to its popularity. With rides like FJ and TF, you can fly around Hogwarts with Harry and friends and defeat the Decepticons with the Autobots countless times. With rides like Shrek and DM, there's too much of a movie storyline going on. Don't get me wrong - I know Universal's all about "riding the movies", but that doesn't mean you should sit in a moving seat while watching a movie.

Shrek 4D is so odd in the fact that you literally can pick up the attraction on the way out on DVD.

Yet in Singapore they constructed an entire fairy tale castle to house it.

It's absolutely absurd.

BTW Jon how's that Shrek guide goin?  ;)

Shrek 4D is so odd in the fact that you literally can pick up the attraction on the way out on DVD.

Yet in Singapore they constructed an entire fairy tale castle to house it.

It's absolutely absurd.

BTW Jon how's that Shrek guide goin? ;)
That...was a waste of space in Singapore. Like...they had such a great opportunity to build a Shrek ride since they were building a full land and a frikin CASTLE, but no...same tired old movie...that you can buy on DVD...or watch on Netflix.

BTW Jon how's that Shrek guide goin?  ;)
I lost my Shrek 3D DVD and I'm not even mad. I know I've missed, what, 10 deadlines that I've set towards getting that page finished, but it'll be up by the end of this year...hopefully.

I did the attraction last weekend with family, and I didn't even bother with the glasses. Just sat there with a map in front of my face the entire time. I know Universal loves water effects, but I was getting pretty annoyed in that theater.

Shrek 4d wasn't even exclusive to universal it was once at Warner bros movie world and movie park Germany (former Warner bros park) but both parks removed it

6rr2o8.jpg

Such a great facade for such a mediocre attraction

259iwiw.jpg

Yeah, and in Japan it's on rotation with their Sesame Street 3D movie everyday....

And it breaks my heart seeing such an amazing facade and building with such a mediocre 3D film inside. They could've done an amazing Shrek ride with that facade!

Over here, a great replacement for Shrek would (in my opinion) be a Spongebob attraction of some sorts. Hell, open a Krusty Krab next door somehow! The rumors that Kid Zone in Florida could become a Bikini Bottom land is excellent in my opinion (except for losing ET). Spongebob is timeless and almost universally loved, so I'd love to see a creative Spongebob attraction somehow....I know, not that much space, but...hey, I can dream.

The world of Spongebob has so many possibilities for a ride. What I'd like to see for a Spongebob ride is an ET type ride with an over the head ride system, and it doesn't have to be a huge or long ride. It can be similar to the Spaghetti Chase ride in Singapore! If they level the current theatre, and slightly increase the footprint, I could see it work.

I purposely didn't mention that Spongebob attraction, as I wouldn't want yet another darn 3D show. I'd want it to be an actual ride.

But overall, I think a Spongebob ride and even an entire area would be fantastic. A whole land would be very realistic in Florida (they just recently opened an all new Spongebob store that's unbelievably themed and stocked with different merchandise, props, photo opps, and themeing. The store looks like it can be a store that could complement a ride)

Although I love Spongebob and I think a Krusty Krab would be a nice addition to the park, I'd like to see one of Universal's own take Shrek's place.

BTW, is Shrek for sure going bye-bye?