1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Silver Dollar City 2013

Discussion in 'Other U.S. Theme Parks' started by StarTrekGeek, Aug 6, 2012.

1. kingcooger

kingcooger Member

If you like SDC, Dollywood is a must. Their Firechaser Express coaster is essentially a more family friendly version of Powder Keg (I prefer it because I think the effects are a bit better). I have yet to get to ride Lightning Rod (it was closed when we went through), but I have heard good things from the few I know who got to give it a shot.

The atmosphere of Dollywood is similar to SDC as they have equal quality in food, shows, and demonstrations.

2. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Rookie

Allegiant into XNA(Northwest Arkansas) or Springfield from Stanford. Maybe Spirit by then to BKG from MCO.

How did you come up? I'm curious.

3. IzzyB

IzzyB Premium Member

We went thru Huntsville on the way up Chattanooga on the way back. We did the space center for a couple hours before continuing up.

4. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Rookie

Silver Dollar City seems to be getting the first Mack launched extreme spinning coaster wit multiple inversions.

We saw Mack test a spinning car on Blue Fire at Europa via Youtube. This seems to be the first built off that testing. Construction is well underway but will not be open till 2018 looks to have tunnels and stuff.

5. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Rookie

Looks like a drop straight out of the station. Coud we be seeing Mack's first Dive coaster that actually spins as well? I think I spy a show house down and to the left as well that is a bit Firechaser at Dollywood . It was rumored to have a couple of launches in the course.
    [​IMG]

6. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Veteran Member

Time Traveler is revealed, and it looks unreal.

ChristopherSE and Andysol like this.
  7. rhino4evr

rhino4evr Veteran Member

the spinning is too much for me, but that is indeed pretty awesome.

8. ChristopherSE

ChristopherSE V.I.P.

This looks phenomenal. I hope it means more Mack spinning coasters like this are in the pipeline. I definitely wouldn't mind one of those here at Great Adventure. (but can we also just appreciate how extra that video was :lol:)

9. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Sounds nauseating. But I hope Dollywood adds a spinning coaster too.

10. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Rookie

You are almost guaranteed that Dollywood will be getting a Mack. Herschend has always bought in twos for the the two big parks. The only thing that threw this off was the Great Recession and the shuttering of Celebration Station which cost Branson it's GCI and the delayed the Gerstlauer. It allowed SDC to decide against another eurofighter and somehow Dollywood got both to bridge the gap from not having a launch type coaster

Two B&Ms
    Two Arrows
    Two Mack splash battles
    Two river raft rides
    Two S&S giant swings
    Two RMC'S
    Two GCI's
    Ect, ect, ect

People tend to think Dollywood is the favorite but the company has spent about equal on the dry parks. Branson's water park is a huge let down and we can not figure out why they are letting it fall behind.

Herchend still has the Celebration City site and it would make for a great new resort and waterpark location, but when?

Back to that Mack, it is being overlooked and it wasn't promoted but half the riders are doing 100 ft, 90° vertical drop BACKWARDS.

Ryan, UNIrd and ChristopherSE like this.
  11. Donald Razorduck

Donald Razorduck Rookie

o

Thomas really stressed after the presentation to people that the spinning is much more controlled than the animation shows. That he rode the Blue Fire test car and they had Mack control it much better.

ChristopherSE likes this.