Simpsons Ride Audio Changes? | Inside Universal Forums

Simpsons Ride Audio Changes?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 11, 2012
Was on Simpsons earlier this summer, are they having audio troubles or did they remove bits of dialogue? Namely, when Homer talks about being sick going backwards.

Thanks, and apologies in advance if this has been covered, I looked in the Expansion thread with no luck

Some audio has been edited/removed, including the bit you mentioned. Homer also now says "This isn't fun anymore" during the "inversion" instead of "I mean RAAAAAMPS."

The reason for these changes is unknown, but some have theorized that since the excised/altered lines both reference motion and motion sickness is assuredly a continuing issue for the attraction, that could have motivated the change. Still seems odd.

I guess that makes sense. I found it odd, since it is a film rather than triggered audio cues.

Thanks Fallow!

Last edited:
According to Mike West, the audio changes were requested by series writer/producer Al Jean, who just liked the new jokes better...

I believe that for a few of the changes, but it doesn't account for the weird removal of the going backwards line with no replacement...

The word corporate is no longer edited out when Homer says "that's a load of corporate crap".

Also Homer no longer says "hey maybe that exit sign leads to an exit" just before the ramps part.

This video is from ViewFromTheCheapSeats and was filmed on 12/24/14. It's supposed to jump to 8:23 when the play button is pressed but for some reason it's not.
[video=youtube_share;HpmLRG-Buo4]http://youtu.be/HpmLRG-Buo4?t=8m23s[/video]

Last edited:
While we're on the topic of the Simpsons audio... What's with Ralph saying 'i'm a baby bird"? is it a reference I don't get as it is not particularly funny.