Sing Attraction Orlando Speculation | Inside Universal Forums

Sing Attraction Orlando Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Galaxy Defender

V.I.P. Member
Oct 5, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Secret Life of Pets Cancelled for Orlando more likely with early sing reviews...I'm thinking one will be an exclusive at each park with SLOP for Hollywood and SING for Florida.

Speculation on a Sing attraction for Orlando started with this. If it is slated to take the place of SLoP then it certainly deserves it's own thread.

Here is a summary from IMDB:
A pig (Reese Witherspoon), a mouse (Seth MacFarlane), a porcupine (Scarlett Johansson), a gorilla (Taron Egerton), an elephant (Tori Kelly) and other animals gather at a theater for a singing competition.

Release date: December 21, 2016 (USA)
sing.jpg

I'll sort of repeat what I said in the SLoP thread.

My concern about a "Sing" attraction is that Pop songs have a shelf life of about 5 weeks. Unless they have a way to periodically update the tunes, it's gonna get old fast.

I just hope it's more entertaining than The American Idol Experience.

Between song licensing and a format for this attraction, I just don't see it being able to work. I hope if it does happen UC proves me wrong, but I just don't know how it could work as a show or a ride.

Maybe after seeing the movie something would be more obvious that would work as a ride?

The movie is pretty much the Muppets in a singing contest to save a theater and as the show goes on the performances start out simple and get crazier, wilder, and more grandiose in scale. The movie plays as American Idol meets Broadway. Also for song licensing... though they license 65 songs, there are 7 original songs made for the film so that won't be an issue if Universal used those as well as I'm sure they already paid for those license rights to be used elsewhere after putting in all those billing hours for the lawyers to get all those song rights.

And another hint is Ron Meyer at the after party for Focus/Sing was excited due to the reception of SING and the potential for synergy across NBCUniversal campus.

Oh no. Please, please, no.

It's ideas like this that make me wish that UC always used outside properties. They seem to do much better when they're accountable to somebody else.
I agree completely, but for solo attractions Universal seems to be staying in house. New outside IPs seem to be mainly for shopping and full lands now.

I bet the merchandise sales for Pets will greatly outpace those of Sing, which should make the former a no-brainer against the latter.

I'm inclined to believe that too. But, it seems like Illumination starts their marketing relatively late compared to other major movies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't SLoP start heavily marketing super late and then ramped up quickly? Sing could be the same way. In a month, we might not be able to escape the ads + the hype.

I'm inclined to believe that too. But, it seems like Illumination starts their marketing relatively late compared to other major movies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't SLoP start heavily marketing super late and then ramped up quickly? Sing could be the same way. In a month, we might not be able to escape the ads + the hype.

Slop seemed to have a marketing effort going for a long time. I remember knowing about the movie like 6 to 9 months before the movie came out.