Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags 2018 Announcements Thread

Nov 7, 2016
Riding Lightning Rod
I'll try and keep this updated over the next few days, as major announcements for the parks come in. However, please keep general discussion of a single park to its own thread.

Six Flags Magic Mountain:

• West-Coast Racer - The Worlds First Quintuplet Launching Coaster. Six Flags is collaborating with car custom company West Coast Customs on the thematic elements for queue, gift shop, station, and the ride vehicles. Premier Rides to be working on the project.
  • Cyclone 500 & Apocalypse to be re-themed in the process.
  • New Dining/Retail/Midway Games to be added into the brand new experience, alongside a redone Cyclone Bay to welcome the massive project.
Six Flags Fiesta Texas:
  • The Joker: Wild Card - Pendulum Ride
Six Flags Great Adventure:
  • Wonder Woman: Lasso of Truth - Pendulum Ride
Six Flags America:
  • Firebird - Floorless Apocalypse conversion
Six Flags Discovery Kingdom:
  • Batman: The Ride - S&S 4D Free Spin
Six Flags Over Georgia:
  • Pandemonium - Pendulum Ride
Great Escape:
  • Bucket Blasters - Water flat-ride
Six Flags Great America:
  • MAXX FORCE - S&S Launch Coaster
Six Flags Over Texas:
  • Lone Star Revolution - Larson Loop Coaster
Six Flags New England:
  • Cyborg - Indoor flat-ride
Six Flags St. Louis:
  • Supergirl - Flat Ride
La Ronde: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Six Flags Mexico: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Feel free to post the announcements below, and help me out. I won't get everything on time, especially since I got school tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'll try and keep this updated over the next few days, as major announcements for the parks come in. However, please keep general discussion of a single park to its own thread.

Six Flags Magic Mountain: Announcement at 9PM PDT

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Announcement on August 30th

Six Flags Great Adventure: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Six Flags America: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Six Flags Over Georgia: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Great Escape: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Six Flags Great America: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Six Flags Over Texas: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Six Flags New England: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Six Flags St. Louis: Announcement at 5AM EDT

La Ronde: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Six Flags Mexico: Announcement at 5AM EDT

Feel free to post the announcements below, and help me out. I won't get everything on time, especially since I got school tomorrow.
What’s 9:00 PDT for me in Florida?

So, to cap up Six Flags Magic Mountain..

• West Coast Racer - The Worlds First Quintuplet Launching Coaster. Six Flags is collaborating with car custom company West Coast Customs on the thematic elements for queue, gift shop, station, and the ride vehicles. Premier Rides to be working on the project.
  • Cyclone 500 & Apocalypse to be re-themed in the process.
  • New Dining/Retail/Midway Games to be added into the brand new experience, alongside a redone Cyclone Bay to welcome the massive project.

SFNE is really the only Six Flags I visit and I have to say it's well past time they got a dark ride there. Looking forward to seeing how Cyborg turns out.

I’ll update the list in a few hours, my computer is acting up right now. But I’m really loving the new additions this year!

I’m not getting the hate for the likes of MAXX Force, West-Coast Racers, and Batman: The Ride. MAXX Force looks insane for its short length (looking at you, Full Throttle), if WCR was at any other park, people would be overjoyed by the addition, and Batman fits perfectly at SFDK. They’re roller coasters, they’re additions. Some parks go years without adding anything at all.

That West Coast coaster looks not great, and likely low capacity. Also it’s not the worlds first quad launch coaster.

Maxx Force looks amazing. It’ll be the coaster with the most intense launch in NA, very much like Hypersonic XLC 2.0

That West Coast coaster looks not great, and likely low capacity. Also it’s not the worlds first quad launch coaster.

Maxx Force looks amazing. It’ll be the coaster with the most intense launch in NA, very much like Hypersonic XLC 2.0

What’s wrong with West-Coast Racer? I’d love to see something like that at SeaWorld or the new park (even though it will never happen). Meanwhile, MAXX Force looks super short and low-capacity.

The trains switch sides, which reduces capacity and kills momentum.
Are we sure that it isn't a duel load platform loading both trains? That would result in each ride being half the entire circuit. To ride the entire length of the track you would have to ride it twice. That is the way the mobius loop Racer at Kennywood is.

Are we sure that it isn't a duel load platform loading both trains? That would result in each ride being half the entire circuit. To ride the entire length of the track you would have to ride it twice. That is the way the mobius loop Racer at Kennywood is.

As far as it seems, it looks like the yellow side does not have a load, and is narrow.

The intention, from what it sounds; is that they want to have guaranteed dueling. And in doing so, they have one train wait in a form of Pit Stop area, while the white track loads the next train.

Imagine if the Racer completed a lap on each track. That’s what this is.