Six Flags Florida | Inside Universal Forums

Six Flags Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Six Flags does not build parks. They BUY parks. (The last park they built was in St Louis in 1971). So unless Busch goes up for sale.....

Too funny, it now says that they were taken in by a hoax.

- - - Updated - - -

Six Flags does not build parks. They BUY parks. (The last park they built was in St Louis in 1971). So unless Busch goes up for sale.....

That is what I thought ... and it would be quite daring to suddenly decide to build a park in a landscape of severe competition.

Honestly, the Six Flags rumor has been going on for years. It won't happen anytime soon. The only way I can see Six Flags extending to Florida is if one or both of the SWPE parks are up for sale. Even so, they would really have to "up" this park from the quality of the other Six Flags parks (since Central Florida is a very competitive place for theme parks).

Honestly, the Six Flags rumor has been going on for years. It won't happen anytime soon. The only way I can see Six Flags extending to Florida is if one or both of the SWPE parks are up for sale. Even so, they would really have to "up" this park from the quality of the other Six Flags parks (since Central Florida is a very competitive place for theme parks).

Yeah, was it not once rumored that there would be a six flags orlando near Festival Bay on I-Drive?

I have seen rumors of Six Flags buying seaworld parks as well, I think last year it was once rumored that blackstone was going to sell a lot of their shares, but now that seaworld is apparently planning a Dubai park this might no longer be the case.

Kind of funny really all these wild rumors, like it is april's fool day every day lol

I can't believe everyone (including the Orlando Sentinel) fell for this story. It's so obviously a spoof when you read that last line, but even if you didn't all you have to do is look up the Six Flags CEO's name (Jim Reid Anderson) and realize it's made up.

Yeah, was it not once rumored that there would be a six flags orlando near Festival Bay on I-Drive?

I have seen rumors of Six Flags buying seaworld parks as well, I think last year it was once rumored that blackstone was going to sell a lot of their shares, but now that seaworld is apparently planning a Dubai park this might no longer be the case.

Kind of funny really all these wild rumors, like it is april's fool day every day lol

The park that was supposed to go up near Festival Bay was not a Six Flags park, but called "Orlando Thrill Park." It was proposed in 2010 by Baker Leisure Group, and it was supposed to have 12-15 rides, including an S&S 4D, a Blue Fire MACK Launch clone, an Inverted strata coaster, an Intamin ZacSpin, a Vekoma Motorbike, a Vekoma SLC, and a Vekoma Stingray flying coaster, as well as a drop tower:

OrlandoThrillPark.jpg

Unfortunately that park was shot down in 2011 due to neighbor complaints.