Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Great America

May 8, 2010
Gainesville, FL
Six Flags Great America is in the process of getting ready for their 2018 Announcement (along with the other Six Flags Parks) on August 31st. To prepare for their new attraction, King Chaos (top spin) will be removed. The park announced earlier this evening that the last day to ride it will be this Sunday (August 27th).
SFGrAm2018a.JPG
Here is what the area around King Chaos currently looks like:
sfgramkingchaos.JPG
My first thought for a replacement was a Larson Loop. It makes sense since it's one of the few that doesn't have one and could easily be themed to the Mardi Gras area.

However, another attraction came to mind that hasn't shown up anywhere yet. Ride Entertainment's Skywarp. I checked the measurement of King Chao's space, including queue, and there would be plenty of room to put in a Skywarp which is 120' by 30' according to the ride specs.
Skywarp - Ride Entertainment

skyline-attractions-flat-rides-skywarp-ride-entertainment-orlando-florida.jpg

skywarpspecs.JPG

Well I was wrong about the Skywarp...

New for 2018: World's Largest Loop Coaster!
SFGAm New 2018 | Six Flags Great America

GURNEE, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Six Flags Great America, the Thrill Capital of the Midwest, has an announcement of epic proportions. Coming in 2018 is the world’s largest loop coaster. This world-record breaking attraction will take riders forward and backward on a gigantic loop before suspending them completely upside down for plenty of wicked hang-time.

“Six Flags continues to prove that innovation is in our DNA, and we are thrilled to introduce yet another world-record breaking coaster to our impressive arsenal of thrill rides,” said Park President Hank Salemi. “Standing at 100 feet tall, this is an experience our guests cannot get anywhere else on the planet. With the multiple inversions and record hang-time, this new coaster packs a punch and is going to be one of our most intense attractions.”

This ride will have riders traveling in unique “face-off” seating. Thrill seekers will go through a whirlwind series of 360° revolutions suspended upside down for the most insane, inverted hang-time of any coaster in the park before reeling down in the opposite direction.

Highlights include:

World’s largest coaster of its kind;
100 feet tall;
360 degree revolutions with multiple inversions;
32 seats in unique “face-off” design, with guests seated back-to-back and face-to-face;
Inverted hang-time with riders suspended upside down for extended times; and
The park’s 16th coaster.
sfgramer1.jpg

Either that's going to be the name so everyone thinks it's a coaster...or they'll have some sort of contest to name it I guess.

Last edited:
Six Flags just announced they are making Hurricane Harbor a separate gated park in Gurnee, giving them their 27th park in the chain. The waterpark was built so it could either be part of the theme park or a separate gate, but sharing the same entry plaza like SFMM does. I assume this is to help control the balance of guests between the theme park and waterpark and help eliminate some of the overcrowding (as well as selling more expensive passes/memberships for the waterpark add on)