Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags' Justice League: Battle for Metropolis

JungleSkip

Premium Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
Sally Corp, Oceaneering, and Six Flags showed off some tech from the new dark ride coming to Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags St. Louis next year. Looks really, really good so far!

Video is from Theme Park Insider:

[video=youtube;KnacRe5y1lw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnacRe5y1lw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Wow for SixFlags! Seems they are really trying to make a splash with this one. Let's just hope they properly maintain these things.

Wow for SixFlags! Seems they are really trying to make a splash with this one. Let's just hope they properly maintain these things.
I'm excited to see the rest of the ride..so far I'm impressed with these two pieces

They nearly ripped the head off of the joker. That was rather amateur.
Well if they hadn't made the chin as pointy as a knife it probably wouldn't have snagged

We have this ride at Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, IL) already. It's a cute little ride but soooooo slow loading. The ride capacity is abysmal.

It seems that Six Flags Great Adventure and Six Flags over Georgia will be getting Justice League for 2017.

Hmm. I was wondering why they were closing the bumper cars at SFOG. This makes perfect sense considering it's proximity to Superman: Ultimate Flight. It's another encroachment on the Cotton States section though.

Hmm. I was wondering why they were closing the bumper cars at SFOG. This makes perfect sense considering it's proximity to Superman: Ultimate Flight. It's another encroachment on the Cotton States section though.
There was a lot of empty space behind the Dodge cars so tearing it down opened it up. Location makes sense since it will put JL next to Superman.

Good to know. It will become my first stop when heading into SFoG. Too bad it's in the back of the park. I miss the old back entrance.

It was always closed when I went until they finally tore it out. This was 1997-2001. It might have been open in 1997, but I went for a some kind of private event.

I have been going ever since my family moved to GA as a young child in the 70s. We regularly used the back entrance since you park closer to the gate and it rarely had crowds. It was right about where the kids play area is, in between the go karts and the Sky Buckets.

Well I know that SFMM is for sure getting it next year as they're already building it (Which I can't wait to ride!) Is Georgia getting it too or is it getting left out?
A planning permit/survey request for a Justice League ride was filed with Cobb County. So unless they're going to slap Justice League's name on a roller coaster it looks like we're getting it.

SFoG is also one of two that is not owned directly by Six Flags, but owned by a group that represents the founders family (The other is Texas).

It is partially owned by Six Flags and partially through the Great Southwest partnership. Because of that they are guaranteed a certain level of investment each year.

When Time Warner owned Six Flags they tried to drive the value of the park down so they could buy the partnership out and the partners sued and won the largest judgement ever (at the time) which the company is still paying off and they now have to make an investment in the park each season in proportion to the park's income.

It is partially owned by Six Flags and partially through the Great Southwest partnership. Because of that they are guaranteed a certain level of investment each year.

When Time Warner owned Six Flags they tried to drive the value of the park down so they could buy the partnership out and the partners sued and won the largest judgement ever (at the time) which the company is still paying off and they now have to make an investment in the park each season in proportion to the park's income.

Very interesting to know about that. Park's income must have not been much however for the past few years because I'm not sure what was the big thing from 2012-2016. Dare Devil Dive ('11) and Justice League ('17) seem to be the only major investments the park has received lately. It would be in Six Flags best interest to invest more as it appears Carowinds is one of CF's growing parks. Just a thought from my perspective.

Very interesting to know about that. Park's income must have not been much however for the past few years because I'm not sure what was the big thing from 2012-2016. Dare Devil Dive ('11) and Justice League ('17) seem to be the only major investments the park has received lately. It would be in Six Flags best interest to invest more as it appears Carowinds is one of CF's growing parks. Just a thought from my perspective.

You're missing the huge Hurricane Harbor expansion on 2014. In 2015 and 2016 multiple flat rides were added each year. I think 2012 was the year they introduced several shows, which was the weakest year by far.

SFoG has long had complaints about not enough kid friendly rides. That's what they have been addressing for the most part the last few years. I applause them for that, but now it's time to do some adult rides.