Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

All part of Salim's plan to keep lower middle class and poor clientele out of SF.

I truly hope the rumblings of Sea World ent being interested in Magic Mountain are still true.

All part of Salim's plan to keep lower middle class and poor clientele out of SF.

I truly hope the rumblings of Sea World ent being interested in Magic Mountain are still true.
At this point Sea World would run the park MUCH better than Sux Flags would. I doubt that SF would be willing to let go their most profitable park though. Heschend would be AMAZING.

Had it not been for the current economy and slumping housing market, I would be really concerned those developers would offer an ungodly amount of money to but that park and turn it into real estate.

Six flags would be fools if they sold Magic Mountain. Then again, their decision making in recent months has been...suspect.
Sea world was heavily involved in the creation of the park back in the 70's, they have to at least explore the option, though I highly doubt anything happens

Magic Mountain is probably not their most profitable park.

The idea that Six Flags wouldn't sell Magic Mountain (or any park in the chain) is ridiculous. If it comes down to it and they need money, selling one of the big parks (MM/GAdv/GAm) could bring in a lot of money for the company and help with debts. Those parks would also fit the portfolio of other operators (Cedar Fair or SeaWorld) very well. Anything is possible.

Six Flags does seem to be the leader in always raising parking prices before anyone else.

It would almost be excusable if we got a repaved lot and those solar panels that were promised back in 2018.

But I think the main reason they can get away with this is practically everyone has an Annual Pass that already includes parking. Even the lowest level AP has parking included. Unlike all the other parks, where most of the APs don't include parking unless you get the highest tier.

My brain hurts from seeing $40 parking.... when it's flat hot burning concrete of death, instead of a reasonable multi-level parking garage with a refurbished tram to the front gate.... SIGH

I remember during orientation at SFMM, they sure did love to brag how many parks are in the chain. And I even remember the recent parks that they acquired. And the parks they sold off or closed/abandoned for one reason or another.

If they focused on the parks they already own instead of trying to play Monopoly "amusement park edition", SFMM wouldn't be a glitter-covered junkyard where rides go to die.

I feel like people who are put in charge of these parks need to go play RCT (1, 2 & 3) first.

Operations were rough today. 1 train ops on Goliath, Batman, full throttle and only 2 on twiste. Lots of delayed openings including Ninja, justice league, crazanity, driop of doom and a few in bugs bunny. Revolution never opened today. It was pretty quit today and I fear MM is going back to their crappy ops to cut cost. Rumor has it, they may go away from daily opening and go back to weekends and holidays etc. hopefully they can get their stuff togethe.

^ Yep, cuts everywhere. This is directly from the new CEO. Lots of full time employees cut down to part time. Possibly another round of Park President "retirements" coming, as he wants to fill the company with yes men and his friends. I'll be putting in my two weeks tomorrow, along with 11 other people I know of.

If you love Six Flags, I'm so sorry. It's going to be a rough time ahead. Try not to get too angry at the park. There are people there trying. But the budget is so tight, choices have to be made.

Seems like the best choice would be to Purge the people that get paid more, but literally don't exactly do anything.

Honestly, the lack of flat rides, water rides, indoor rides, & shows is the reason the park is really not "doing well" to the bean counters. Unfortunately, they're all too stupid & blind to see or acknowledge this issue. They add an unnecessary coaster like WCR & WW for "coaster count street cred" rather than actual quality.

It always made me groan/roll my eyes when they'd act surprised they weren't pulling in "holiday weekend crowds" on week days. Or the "not in the budget", a favorite phrase. Instead of giving unnecessary bonuses, dump that money into the park(s). Earn that bonus.

Ideally, revamp the entire park, not just turn every area into a concrete plaza of doom anytime a coaster is added.

Six flags would be fools if they sold Magic Mountain. Then again, their decision making in recent months has been...suspect.
Sea world was heavily involved in the creation of the park back in the 70's, they have to at least explore the option, though I highly doubt anything happens

SFMM was on the chopping block when they explored park sales in 2006, but ended up getting a reprieve.

Looks like Magic Mountain is changing their passes once again. They have a season pass for $99 good through Sept 2023 and now are branding annual passes as memberships once again. Tiers and pricing seem the same. New Meal plans have been mentioned but I don’t see anything on the site. 4295B248-5EE8-4F4E-ADE4-A42EBC7772E1.jpeg
B17E6D91-41F3-4A49-94C3-9C2D0687A2DA.jpeg

Kept forgetting to post this .....for like ever haha... but naturally, you can purchase the Nanocoaster for Wonder Woman at the park & online

nanocoaster1.jpg
This really shows off how basic the layout is.

All I can say is Thank God SFMM maintenance had the sense to close Apocalypse to replace all the worn track before this new CEO could cut the department down to bare bones (which he now has). This guy wants to run Six Flags as though these parks can run themselves, and I believe with everything in me, that the El Toro accident is the end result.