Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

is Joker still confirmed, though? Others here have been saying that while it's been initially planned for SFMM, if SFMM can't open in the near future, it was in danger of either being scrapped or moved to another park.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get it here (I've ridden Railblazer a couple of times, and it's pretty intense), but I also don't want to count on something that may not be a lock. I can't see the parking opening before 2021... at least with rides operational, anyway. Although Holiday in the Park with expanded food would be possible, ala Knott's food events.

Hopefully they will be able to start right away on construction as the park is closed. When on thursday are they suppose to make the announcement/post? My memory is cloudy from the past years. I remember West Coast Racers was a special announce party the night before.

I find it odd that there is zero hype surrounding the announcement. Not even the usual "check here tommorow for a huge announcement" on each park's website.

I find it odd that there is zero hype surrounding the announcement. Not even the usual "check here tommorow for a huge announcement" on each park's website.

It's zero hype because there no clear date when the park will even be open. Would you want to hype something up with an opening date of "I'm not really sure...?" By the time it did open, all the hype would be gone.

Best to wait until there's a more clear path to parks in CA reopening.

It's zero hype because there no clear date when the park will even be open. Would you want to hype something up with an opening date of "I'm not really sure...?" By the time it did open, all the hype would be gone.

Best to wait until there's a more clear path to parks in CA reopening.

Then why make an announcement at all? Just wait until it can be properly done.

It’s an almost-exact clone of Jersey Devil. Watch the POV animation and that’s basically what we’re getting.
lol

I'm getting to old for these....man was hoping for something more like Westcoast Racers....if its smooth then maybe i'll ride it more than once but the thing is a beast

Not all of them, if the reports are to be believed. There are a few parks getting all new attractions.
I don't know if I'd believe the reports. They can't afford much for next year, and many of the 2020 additions were postponed to 2021. There's only a couple of really "new" things coming.

I don't know if I'd believe the reports. They can't afford much for next year, and many of the 2020 additions were postponed to 2021. There's only a couple of really "new" things coming.

True but of those new things you speak of one was rumored to be coming to this park. Its in the sfmm dedicated thread also. So, in my opinion there is plenty to be excited about. Will be a way to hear from our new park president for the first time as well. Welcome to magic mountain Don Mcoy!

Then why make an announcement at all? Just wait until it can be properly done.

I'd imagine because most SF parks are open. Just not SFMM.

I could be wrong, but is SFMM the only SF park not currently open? While I haven't looked too deeply at the specifics, I think as a whole, all parks are open basically open (with reduced crowds) except for CA and NY.

This will be a first. Looks like a few more days of waiting are at hand. I dont think ill have to freeze myself but its gonna be tough. Definately a wild time in history. Labor day sounds like a better time to let this marinate before they try and slang season passes again during the flash sale.

Two teens were arrested on Friday for felony vandalism after posting a video on social media showing a group of teens breaking into Six Flags Magic Mountain and causing damage.
A video posted to TikTok shows the group entering the park after hours then climbing to the top of the Sky Tower, discharging fire extinguishers and dangling off the edge of the over 300-foot tower.

On Aug. 17, deputies took a report for a vandalism and trespassing that allegedly occurred about five days later at Six Flags Magic Mountain, according to Shirley Miller, spokesperson for the Santa Clarita Valley Sheriff’s Station.

“The vandalism involved large amounts of paint,” Miller said. “There were also some items damaged including a large trash can and chair.”

The total estimated damage at the time of the report was over $3,000, according to Miller

“Six Flags Magic Mountain has a zero-tolerance for this type of behavior and we will prosecute to the fullest extent of the law. The safety of our employees and parks is our utmost priority, even during this closure,” said Sue Carpenter, spokesperson for the park.

Through their investigation, Career Offender, Burglary, Robbery and Assault (COBRA) detectives identified suspects in connection to the incident.

On Friday, Aug. 28, Riley Birchfield, 19, of Saugus, and Dylan Gody, 19 of Valencia, were arrested on felony vandalism charges in connection with the incident. The incident still remains under investigation, according to Miller.

So I just got word that the Six Flags 2021 announcements have been canceled indefinitely. The 2020 construction has been pushed back to 2021 (this we knew). And anything planned for 2021 will be pushed back to 2021 or 2022 depending on the project.

it’s an ever changing situation, so we’ll see how this ends up. ‍‍