Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 101 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
To me, I feel like it the gates should be more of a "Grand Reveal" type of thing, sort of like going through the JP Gates.

This is where I feel like Uni definitely could've benefited from having more land to work with. I just feel like the actual outside track and the extended queue almost are on-top of each other.

Are we 100% it's going to be visible from outside the ride?

It certainly looks like it to me. Been wondering for months and months and months how they were going to handle that divide.

Part of me thinks it should be kept for the ride but I've just remembered the artwork showing the vehicles as a bus, so I think something as grand as this would be lost slightly.

Out of interest, since I've not been here long enough to see a new ride open, will POVs be posted in this thread?

Reactions: Ryno27
I can't wait to see the complete map. I'm curious on why they haven't started construction on the right side of the walkway. Is it just staying the same with trees or will there be any added details like the path to hogsmeade?

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
I totally agree, I think being able to see the gate opening and closing it just an awesome way to be introduced. Leads to statements like "I wonder what's inside", questions the original Kong built it's foundation and memorability on. Letting your mind tell its own story, love it love it love it!!!

Reactions: Mike S and Mad Dog
If it is visible now, why wouldn't it be visible then? If they were going to construct a "wall" they would have already.
I don't mind the gate being in plain site, I think it will build anticipation for the onlookers.

The only thing that makes me think otherwise is that I picture a lot of trees being planted and that could obscure the view of the ride from the main path. I think the gates will be visible from the queue however and it will be a great tease to build the suspense.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I can't wait for that element, if it's some sort of projection then there's no doubt something is gonna happen to that poor innocent driver. All 3 would be awesome for different reasons. I would like for that to be my biggest surprise opening day

Reactions: Mike S and Ryno27
Besides the big Kong AA, has anybody heard indications of how many other AAs we're going to be getting in the ride itself? There were rumors of bugs and bats in AA form at one point, but there seem to be rumblings of more scenes being screen-driven than originally thought, so the pessimist in me is worried that the other creature AAs (assuming there were supposed to be some in the first place) might have been cut.

Reactions: Cole
The insiders here have basically been sticking to the same stories of AA's in early scenes. In fact, Teebin has stated they even plussed some stuff. Haven't seen any of that screens replacing AA speculation here on OU, which is really the only site I trust for accurate Universal information. Some of those Disney sites are forever crying wolf on imaginary Universal budget cuts.

Reactions: Mike S and belloq87
Kong Banana Float :)
180px-Bananas.jpg

Reactions: Cole and Mad Dog
While I have never ridden this ride myself, based on info from a bird from a few weeks ago, I am beginning to worry that kids aren't the only ones that will freak on this attraction. I really hope this is true. If you are an adult, I would recommend getting an EKG before visiting Orlando and riding this attraction.