Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Just do a simple search by Teebin and you get a wealth of information. Problem solved.
akpQgns.png

Personally, I appreciate everything he says and I have to respect that if he has to repeat himself often he could easily incriminate himself by adding small bits of extra information that they shouldn't be sharing.
Agreed, I've recently found this forum and enjoy trying to piece it all together. I'm happy just knowing what most of the general public doesn't. If you don't get the answeer you want move on and do some research on your own. We don't have to know any of the information we've been told. We're just lucky to have someone to share what they know. Grumbling only clogs the forum creating more to read through to find what you're looking for. See how much space I just wasted. Guess I'm a hypocrite.

Agreed, I've recently found this forum and enjoy trying to piece it all together. I'm happy just knowing what most of the general public doesn't. If you don't get the answeer you want move on and do some research on your own. We don't have to know any of the information we've been told. We're just lucky to have someone to share what they know. Grumbling only clogs the forum creating more to read through to find what you're looking for. See how much space I just wasted. Guess I'm a hypocrite.

Welcome to the forum, mate!

Something that has just dawned on me that will make this ride quite unique if there's something going on up front. Usually on a ride like this, any seat is a good seat and anything by the side is a great seat. But, being up front in the vehicle could really add something else.

I love Teebin's contributions, both the very direct responses and those that let on a little, but not a lot. Nonetheless, I can understand how sometimes the short shrift he gives more casual contributors can come across a little sharp. I'm sure he understands. Not certain if he cares...

Regardless, thanks to Teebin and others, I haven't had as much fun watching an attraction develop in years. Can't wait for this to open, and I'm thrilled that surprises lie ahead. Few attractions are subject to this much speculation when the vehicles are cycling by!

I don't believe that any of us have commented on the fact that they apparently changed the vehicle color from teal green to a yellow ochre. I wonder why? I liked the teal.

Last edited:
My concern with the driver getting attacked is that wouldn't this kind of just end the ride unless there is some very clever story telling.

Yeah, perhaps if anyone is attacked it will be one of the passengers in the vehicle. Fast illusion only needs to show someone generic yanked off and quickly gobbled down. Guests can't possibly memorize all 72 persons on board. Head first would be best.

I don't understand how they pull the 3D illusion on screen. How does the butterfly end up in front of each audience member on Tough Bug? Is there only one butterfly that is pulled to everyone's glasses?

Bringing this up again, but we had that post from a girl (she said she previously spieled on Disaster) that was going to audition for a Kong role but the role was brief and had a short spiel. So my guess of the week is that there is a Universal employed "plant" on the vehicle, and that person gets kidnapped by natives or Kong.

Bringing this up again, but we had that post from a girl (she said she previously spieled on Disaster) that was going to audition for a Kong role but the role was brief and had a short spiel. So my guess of the week is that there is a Universal employed "plant" on the vehicle, and that person gets kidnapped by natives or Kong.
Illusion/original Driver gets killed. Native rescues the day. Drives you back safely.

A liberal parable from Comcast about the power/importance of immigration.

I think people are forgetting one important piece of info we learnt in the behind the scenes video from Mike West. The whole reason we're going into Skull Islands is to help Kate McCaffrey and her team discover new species. I would put money on the fact that if/when something happens to our driver it'll be one of these 3 that takes over to get us to safety. That's what I think anyways.

CM.png~original

I hope there aren't live actors performing in this attraction. I absolutely hate that gimmick. Great movie ride leaves me ice cold, Terminator not as much except the preshow.
Live actors can really make or break the enjoyment of an attraction for me. If they are good it's awesome. But if they just can't connect with the audience and are too cheesy it tends to detract from a quality experience. I too hope there are no live actors in the vehicle.

it is just something I have noticed in the Orlando theme park community as a whole. Those with "insider" information use it to make themselves superior to others

This goes for everyone on here: there's nothing admirable about posting incoherent riddles and later admonishing others for not paying attention or picking up on the clues. Or congratulating yourself for knowing information before others figure it out. Or declaring you know stuff but you can't tell.

To the observer it's a bizarre exercise of self-aggrandizement that seems to have become prevalent in this community for some reason. Nobody should be made to feel negatively or "lesser than". We're all fans of the same thing here.

image.gif
This goes for everyone on here: there's nothing admirable about posting incoherent riddles and later admonishing others for not paying attention or picking up on the clues. Or congratulating yourself for knowing information before others figure it out. Or declaring you know stuff but you can't tell.

To the observer it's a bizarre exercise of self-aggrandizement that seems to have become prevalent in this community for some reason. Nobody should be made to feel negatively or "lesser than". We're all fans of the same thing here.
☝️THIS

While you are entitled to your opinion, I quite enjoy and support the extent insiders go to to protect their sources. I'm pretty certain Comcast would fire any confirmed leaker of project information and as such, I have no problem with the obtuse nature of project detail leaking some find so frustrating. Kong is a business to Comcast and a playground for us.

As a suggestion, let's all sit back and enjoy the special preview we are being gifted. It cost us nothing and the quality of content is spectacular.

I wonder where Universal is on the budget for this project?

The near completion of all the vegetation looks awesome too, especially with the exit walkway filled in now.