Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 165 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no idea if it has any restraints at all. I could know, but I am not going to bore anyone with such a question. I personally could care less. What I want to know is what, how and and are you sure... do you really mean this or that. My pushes for clarification are far more obnoxious than my slights here. And these people are my friends. :look:

Reactions: Ryno27
Thank you for this and I agree 100%. I very much appreciate the insiders posting what they can when they can. If it is in riddles or otherwise I enjoy it. If you don't like it, put them on ignore, but don't spoil it for the rest of us by complaining about them. That is not fair to them or anyone else. They give what they can. Teebin has a dry sense of humor sometimes, but he is really nice and can take a friendly jab here and there (my old man comment being one of them), but I think saying some of the things that have been said lately is going too far.

I (nor anyone else) never said people should stop posting information. We all come here to be fed these scraps. It's really the backbone of these boards.

I think everyone's point was simply that people shouldn't shame others for not knowing information revealed in seemingly incoherent posts, and informants shouldn't position themselves above others.

To me, it's sad to witness someone getting their kicks out of teasing and toying with information that isn't theirs/that they shouldn't be privy to in the first place. Now, that doesn't mean we don't want them to share it. But for me, it's about the respect.

There's Universal, this company that values privacy and spends money to protect it, and then here's this underground faction of people feeding off leaked information (with their own barometer for what's crossing the line and what isn't) and worst of all, some are positioning themselves above others. Am I the only one that thinks that's fucked up?

No need for anyone to be ignoring anyone or to stop posting. I just think everything should be done respectfully, especially since this is all predicated on stuff that we didn't create anyway.

I hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
I have no idea if it has any restraints at all. I could know, but I am not going to bore anyone with such a question. I personally could care less. What I want to know is what, how and and are you sure... do you really mean this or that. My pushes for clarification are far more obnoxious than my slights here. And these people are my friends. :look:
Please save your favors for the primary important issues. On the minor stuff, we can be patient to wait for an answer once the attraction opens or someone else here has some real info. :)

I'm betting seatbelts, if you've ever been on a scary ride with a little kid, you know they like to squirm and sometimes try to sit on the parents lap. That can't happen with a 30ft ape rocking the truck off cliffs and crap lol

I just got caught up on about 4-5 pages worth of information. Typically when I get that far behind it's because something huge happened so I'm sure you could imagine my excitement. Now I'm just overtly annoyed with the piss poor cat fight that broke out.

Here's a question that bears relative weight towards the actual product that we're supposed to be discussing..

How do they plan to hide the temple building from the queue? More specifically is this supposed to look like a relatively "open" island that's been deserted or are they trying to shroud it with trees? I'm curious to know what the level of immersion will be within the outside queue.

I just got caught up on about 4-5 pages worth of information. Typically when I get that far behind it's because something huge happened so I'm sure you could imagine my excitement. Now I'm just overtly annoyed with the piss poor cat fight that broke out.

Here's a question that bears relative weight towards the actual product that we're supposed to be discussing..

How do they plan to hide the temple building from the queue? More specifically is this supposed to look like a relatively "open" island that's been deserted or are they trying to shroud it with trees? I'm curious to know what the level of immersion will be within the outside queue.

The majority of the queue will be indoors with a subsection being outside in the extended queue. There won't be much attempt to hide, I think people are really trying to grasp at the idea you're driving a far distance to the temple. It's more the outpost is near the outside. That's how I always read it.

And yes, everyone, we get the point about leaks and information. Most have said their peace and as USO92 points out this doesn't add to the conversation. Thanks.

I'm betting seatbelts, if you've ever been on a scary ride with a little kid, you know they like to squirm and sometimes try to sit on the parents lap. That can't happen with a 30ft ape rocking the truck off cliffs and crap lol

I know its a different world legally sometimes, but Kongfrontation this is exactly what happened, only 30 feet in the air. A long Lap Bar with children seated in the middle would be the only restraint that would make sense. That being said, I don't think there is one.

Seat belts would be a capacity nightmare with capacity and operations to get everyone buckled in within a row you can't walk down.

The motions and jolts as said are on platforms similar to Earthquake's original motions. Which if everyone remembers, had no restraints.

Last edited:
That service road just got some fans that are setup like the ones over at Transformers. Both are for their extended queues.
Now if they could just increase the splash effect from Dudley, you could really get cooled off while standing in the "even more extended" Kong queue. :lol:

Now if they could just increase the splash effect from Dudley, you could really get cooled off while standing in the "even more extended" Kong queue. :lol:

I would consider this vehicle very similar to the Kilimanjaro Safaris and Backlot Tours. They do not have restraints.

They were open air sides too, while this is the same it has the cage effectively keeping you in. I wouldn't expect restraints.

I know its a different world legally sometimes, but Kongfrontation this is exactly what happened, only 30 feet in the air. A long Lap Bar with children seated in the middle would be the only restraint that would make sense. That being said, I don't think there is one.

Sea belts would be a capacity nightmare with capacity and operations to get everyone buckled in within a row you can't walk down.

The motions and jolts as said are on platforms similar to Earthquake's original motions. Which if everyone remembers, had no restraints.

Yep, I was going to say this. Disaster had movement and no restraints. I think the height restriction is to prevent from lap babies. Sea World does this with a sign that says no lap babies, but it confuses people and slows down operations. So by putting a height restriction that is high enough to get rid of lap babies they can do the check at the line entrance and doesn't slow down operations inside.