Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

My last visit was the first time they were no longer splitting between two sides. Standby was being seated in the first five rows, Express in the last few. If this is the case, I would only opt for Express on this one.

My last visit was the first time they were no longer splitting between two sides. Standby was being seated in the first five rows, Express in the last few. If this is the case, I would only opt for Express on this one.
Or just ask. I've never been turned down at a park when requesting a specific row or seat. You just have to wait till the next one is all. And be polite of course.

Or just ask. I've never been turned down at a park when requesting a specific row or seat. You just have to wait till the next one is all. And be polite of course.
Yeah, normally cast/team members are cool about letting you wait for a specific row. However, there was one time on Test Track where a pissy CM didn't let me sit in the front.

Sat in the 2nd row today. First time in the front half after maybe 8 rides. You definitely cannot see as much, but is was cool watching the animatronic (we had Kalana).
Yes, the animatronic was better than I expected. I thought they'd be like the mannequins on ET or some of The Great Movie Ride ones. But the views of the show are pretty weak in the first two or three rows. Fortunately almost every ride I've had is middle to back.

I'm not sure if it's because the front row is not being used, but the 2nd longest wait at IOA is 40 min and Kong is 190.

As I will be doing Kong for the first time come Oct (was still being built when I went in 15) Where is a preferred place to sit ?

As I will be doing Kong for the first time come Oct (was still being built when I went in 15) Where is a preferred place to sit ?
I think row 8 is optimal. Far enough back but not too far. But anything in the back half is good. Sit on the far side for a close up of the big guy but the middle 2 seats give the most immersion in the 360 part.

Best ride yet was when I got 8 first and 9 second with no one else in the row. I could start in the middle and slide to the right for the big guy at the end

It's still crazy to me how glaringly obvious the top of the screen and exit door from the 360 scene are..

Not to beat a dead horse, but I can't imagine a ride that you have to be lucky to sit towards the back in the middle being written off as a 'good design'..

I still come off this saying "that was neat and all, but I wonder what could have been"

When I went in May they were constantly running 4 vehicles at a time during the two weeks I was there. That's a capacity of around 1900 an hour, which is pretty decent. Any row from middle to back is good. There's really very different views and experiences depending on the row. I like getting different rows (as long as they're middle to back, since you can see & experience things on some that you can't on the others. Right side is better than the left side since you're closer to Kong, and you get a better view of the second Kate scene, which has more action than the first Kate scene. When you get to Kong AA, take your 3 D glasses off and you'll get a better experience of him.

This is a ride that should be re-ridden many times. Even once or twice up front. I don't think most people appreciate the re-rideability (sp?) of this.

A semi-related note: finally got a scare actor after 9 or 10 rides. Line was moving slow so we saw him jump out 5 times. It was great! lol!

One neat thing, though, is that i saw him go in to the hidey hole right around 10:30 AM. I was in the queue looking to the left right before you curve to the right around the "island" that has the three holes. He opened up a door in a cubby on the left, walked across the line while wearing a black cape and hood, and entered an "Emergency Exit" door right across the queue, in the "back" of that "island". Shortly after, he jumped out in full-on native gear many, many times. :clap: i had been hitting this ride early, so i bet those people start at 10:30. :D