Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

I’ll go down with the ship on Kong. It’s a good ride. The UOAP Facebook group is going to get me banned with people calling it the worst ride at Universal. Called them clueless, but I’m still there sadly.
It’s a good ride, yes. But that’s all it is. It’s also a ride that has a very underwhelming ending, despite the great Animatronic.

Oh I know it has its issues, but when people say it’s the worst ride I find that hilarious.

Oh, in no way is it the worst ride. I liken it to an E Ticket version of Mermaid: incredible queue, decent ride with some obvious flaws (such as poor integration of screens with the sets around them) and an arguably misguided choice of ride system.

Are they bad rides? No, but they’re never going to be venerated in the same way as Spidey, FJ, Haunted Mansion, etc., because they’re just not on that level.

Oh, in no way is it the worst ride. I liken it to an E Ticket version of Mermaid: incredible queue, decent ride with some obvious flaws (such as poor integration of screens with the sets around them) and an arguably misguided choice of ride system.

Are they bad rides? No, but they’re never going to be venerated in the same way as Spidey, FJ, Haunted Mansion, etc., because they’re just not on that level.
Agreed.

Kong's queue far outshines the ride experience imo (especially when the scareactors are out there).

William Ross worked on the Chamber of Secrets score. I don't think he has official writing credits, but most people believe he ghost wrote chunks of it. He's credited for "score adaptation" and conducting.

Apologies for quoting a post from over a week ago, but as a John Williams fanatic, I just want to present the full story: Williams was pressed for time on COS (because he was also scoring Spielberg's CATCH ME IF YOU CAN at roughly the same period), so the decision was made to re-use some chunks of SORCERER'S STONE's score for certain moments. Ross handled the adaptation of these cues (altering them to fit the new scenes). However, all the score's new themes and the cues featuring that thematic material were composed by Williams just as on any other score.

So if you're hearing SS stuff slightly re-arranged: Ross.
Everything else: Williams.
Ross conducted it all.

"Sir, there's no phone please."

Just a little bit of why we don't get nice things, people recording when they shouldn't be doing so in the first place.
I mean... it's sort of a little glimpse "behind the curtain" for guests so of course they're gonna want to take pictures or video. Let's not blame guests because they had to be evacuated from a ride and they decided to take some video while walking out.

I mean... it's sort of a little glimpse "behind the curtain" for guests so of course they're gonna want to take pictures or video. Let's not blame guests because they had to be evacuated from a ride and they decided to take some video while walking out.

I do, it's a security issue. I got evac'd from Radiator Springs and was told by CMs not to record and pay attention to where they were walking. Some ass-hat wanted to record, nearly tripped on the track, and then he put his phone away. They don't tell you not to record for their own health.

Ride for the first time in a while and very disappointed that when I sat smack in the middle I could very obviously see the bottom of the screen, I even sunk into my seat like a weirdo to see it from the POV of a child and could still see the bottom, yeesh.

Ride for the first time in a while and very disappointed that when I sat smack in the middle I could very obviously see the bottom of the screen, I even sunk into my seat like a weirdo to see it from the POV of a child and could still see the bottom, yeesh.
There is not a ride out there that you can't ruin by refusing to buy into it's "reality".

I think people lose sight of the fact we are talking about amusement park attractions.

There is not a ride out there that you can't ruin by refusing to buy into it's "reality".

I think people lose sight of the fact we are talking about amusement park attractions.
Haha, I love this attraction, I’m not going out of my way to look at behind the scenes, I’m literally sitting smack dab in the middle of the cart, making observations about the attraction, and it’s pretty obvious the screen ends, even to first time riders. It’s even worse if you’re anywhere away from the middle. I’m not asking for perfect theming, but it’s reallly poor theming for a world class park like IOA.

I'd agree, but on Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey, Transformers, etc., you won't see the edges of the screen unless you actively look for them. On Kong, it's basically impossible not to notice. It's an oversight.

I’ll go down with the ship on Kong. It’s a good ride. The UOAP Facebook group is going to get me banned with people calling it the worst ride at Universal. Called them clueless, but I’m still there sadly.

I mean, it's only their opinion? I don't see the harm in finding it the worst ride at Universal. I personally don't feel it's the worst ride in Universal, but I don't see the problem in people thinking that way. I find it to be one of the weaker in Islands of Adventure, but that's it.