Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Here’s my other question Skull Island Reign of Kong is a themed land not a part of Jurassic World so if it were to ever expand it wouldn’t. I know they can’t add more Kong including Godzilla to a fourth gate since theirs a new universe with WB and Legendary they don’t have the rights. Skull island as a land I’m saying as a land is in a tricky spot. Wondering what will happen to Lost contintent now since Pokemon & Zelda aren’t coming to IOA or USF. Skull Island is the only themed land with one attraction.

Here’s my other question Skull Island Reign of Kong is a themed land not a part of Jurassic World so if it were to ever expand it wouldn’t. I know they can’t add more Kong including Godzilla to a fourth gate since theirs a new universe with WB and Legendary they don’t have the rights. Skull island as a land I’m saying as a land is in a tricky spot. Wondering what will happen to Lost contintent now since Pokemon & Zelda aren’t coming to IOA or USF. Skull Island is the only themed land with one attraction.

No one really owns the theme park rights to Godzilla so that’s not an issue. They can talk with Toho and work something out and they have a relationship already from USJ.

Who said Pokémon and Zelda weren’t going into IOA or USF?

There won't ever be an expansion to Skull Island.

There won't ever be an expansion to Skull Island.
Yeah that’s why I am saying it should’ve waited to be added into a fourth gate because we could’ve seen not only an attraction but a Skull Island restaurant or two. Maybe a few shops which I don’t think the land has either. The land is just in an awkward spot. JP expansion should’ve been here once again just my 2 cents. Like I said Universal rushed this attraction from a person who hasn’t been on the ride to judge it I know it’s probably not as good as Kongfrontation. Kongfrontation did better and is the best Kong ride of all time because it made you feel like you were in the movie with real effects. Reign of Kong should have been a 4d show if this was all they were going to do with it. I think Universal fans that disliked this attraction want more Kong because of the disappointment of riding the movies those days are long gone. We are watching the movies. F&F is worse hey that could’ve been an awesome launched roller coaster you know.

At least have a dessert place thank you. Universal fans are tired of watching the movies. With more space in my opinion Kong would’ve been a better attraction. How do you call a attraction with mostly screens successfull? I refuse to believe using 3D glasses on attractions are the future of Universal parks. I certainly hope they will move on from it at fourth gate. We don’t know this for sure but it’s just a wish. If anyone remembers in Kongfrontation their was part of the ride where it felt like you dropped. It was so real because I thought we were really falling when I went on the ride.

Last edited:
Ice cream. Banana splits at $17 a pop

But they didn't even build a gift shop so maybe it is not to move merch but to provide entertainment?

Or to swallow crowds. It does a real good job of that.

How do you call a attraction with mostly screens successfull? I refuse to believe using 3D glasses on attractions are the future of Universal parks. I certainly hope they will move on from it at fourth gate. We don’t know this for sure but it’s just a wish. If anyone remembers in Kongfrontation their was part of the ride where it felt like you dropped. It was so real because I thought we were really falling when I went on the ride.

It's all a matter of opinion. Some people like screenz, some people don't, and that's fine. I prefer practical effects myself, but screenz does not automatically equal a failed ride in my book. I very vaguely remember Kongfrontation (and my memories may solely be from home videos of it - I was 7 when it closed), so I cannot make a fair comparison between the two.

F&F already ditched the 3D glasses, so with the exception of something that really justifies it (Mario Kart, for example) I think it's in the past. Hopefully they've learned their lesson and would rather bring back practicality with screens being designated to filler, but we'll just have to wait to see.

Yea more Kong will never happen but just think what they can do with Kong fighting Godzilla in a attraction a lot of people think that’s idiotic but I really don’t think so. WB and Legendary don’t have any theme park connection with Universal except Harry Potter take out legendary I mean WB/Universal. It would be cool to show off Kong’s new home in Kong Skull Island over at the fourth gate with those vicious skull crawlers, a giant squid, a giant ram with horns, a giant spider with sharp stabbing legs who wouldn’t want to see Kong’s newer foes come to life at a fourth gate. Don’t you think these newer skull Island creatures are better from the 05’ film? Mothra, Rodan, King Ghodirah would make great attractions as well IMO.

At least have a dessert place thank you. Universal fans are tired of watching the movies. With more space in my opinion Kong would’ve been a better attraction. How do you call a attraction with mostly screens successfull? I refuse to believe using 3D glasses on attractions are the future of Universal parks. I certainly hope they will move on from it at fourth gate. We don’t know this for sure but it’s just a wish. If anyone remembers in Kongfrontation their was part of the ride where it felt like you dropped. It was so real because I thought we were really falling when I went on the ride.
So Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey and Flight of passage arent successful. Kong’s is a successful ride no matter what’s said here.

Again, why is there a restaurant on skull island? It’s an island filled with monsters and natives. A restaurant doesn’t themeatically fit.

Yea more Kong will never happen but just think what they can do with Kong fighting Godzilla in a attraction a lot of people think that’s idiotic but I really don’t think so. WB and Legendary don’t have any theme park connection with Universal except Harry Potter take out legendary I mean WB/Universal. It would be cool to show off Kong’s new home in Kong Skull Island over at the fourth gate with those vicious skull crawlers, a giant squid, a giant ram with horns, a giant spider with sharp stabbing legs who wouldn’t want to see Kong’s newer foes come to life at a fourth gate. Don’t you think these newer skull Island creatures are better from the 05’ film? Mothra, Rodan, King Ghodirah would make great attractions as well IMO.
Godzilla isn’t going to skull island though.

So Spider-Man and Forbidden Journey and Flight of passage arent successful. Kong’s is a successful ride no matter what’s said here.

Again, why is there a restaurant on skull island? It’s an island filled with monsters and natives. A restaurant doesn’t themeatically fit.
Yeah. Virgins on the menu. that's about it. ;):lol:

Why not? I think the theming of a restaurant would’ve been neat make it feel like your in the jungles of Skull Island.

I think the most they can do for your idea is to re-theme Thunder Falls restaurant, and move Thunder Falls offering to JPDC (maybe move store downstairs and give two choices in the dining area (mini food court). Or just keep the same offerings as TF restaurant for new theme restaurant with maybe minor changes, but I do feel TF is way too close to Skull Island and if they do this , then they will have some space to divide the 2 lands (which I think is needed)… even though Kong is just a standalone ride IMO.

They could serve trail mix or K-rations that you have to eat while being chased by villagers and dinosaurs.

It may not have the rights from Universal Kong Skull Island and Godzilla but neither did Kongfrontation from Paramount. With all of the other production companies that have struck deals with Universal parks like Transformers, Spider-man, theirs no reason a new Kong and Godzilla can’t come over to a third gate. We don’t know this officially that’s not coming to a third gate. We are all just speculating. You guys don’t have a theme park layout of a third gate right? Of course not. Because we don’t know what’s officially coming. A Classic Monsters Land has not even been talked about a strong rumor to come once again from what I’ve seen on other websites. Inside Universal is the only one to mention classic monsters and Orlando Park stop. TPU just vaguely. But other than that no. Might think I’m crazy but I think mike west should be called out on off the failed creation he has come up with Skull Island Reign Of Kong. Again I’ve never rode this but this just looks like your typical simulator at a science center or everyday theme park that has a simulator. I bet someone 10 bucks if I ride Skull Island Reign Of Kong I won’t be impressed since it’s just a motion simulator.

Last edited:
It may not have the rights from Universal Kong Skull Island and Godzilla but neither did Kongfrontation from Paramount. With all of the other production companies that have struck deals with Universal parks like Transformers, Spider-man, theirs no reason a new Kong and Godzilla can’t come over to a third gate. We don’t know this officially that’s not coming to a third gate. We are all just speculating. You guys don’t have a theme park layout of a third gate right? Of course not. Because we don’t know what’s officially coming. A Classic Monsters Land has not even been talked about a strong rumor to come once again from what I’ve seen on other websites. Inside Universal is the only one to mention classic monsters and Orlando Park stop. TPU just vaguely. But other than that no. Might think I’m crazy but I think mike west should be called out on off the failed creation he has come up with Skull Island Reign Of Kong. Again I’ve never rode this but this just looks like your typical simulator at a science center or everyday theme park that has a simulator. I bet someone 10 bucks if I ride Skull Island Reign Of Kong I won’t be impressed since it’s just a motion simulator.
I would say don't knock till you try it. It's a lot more intense, exciting, and exhilarating compared to most other Universal screen rides. I can't speak for others, but I was far more impressed with this ride than I thought I would be once I rode it.