Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion | Page 630 | Inside Universal Forums

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm continually amazed at how often commentators judge an attraction on the basis of a You Tube video, without ever experiencing the attraction. And sometimes they even judge entire parks without ever stepping foot in them. :shrug:

Guilty as charged. I refused to ride Hulk for so long, using YouTube as an example of every reason I couldn't go on it. It flips, it launches, it does stuff I don't like.

Turns out I like the Hulk. :thumbsup:

Love B&M, but honestly enjoyed RRR over Hulk, because RRR didn't make me gray out for the first 30 seconds :lol:

If you aren't graying out, the coaster isn't good enough. Kidding. I have to be careful with Hulk to avoid getting motion sick. It isn't bad but it is something for me to work around. I wish that it had more trees or something around it to make it feel more established. The ride's immersiveness is queue only and the launch. I could even see adding some tunnels, similar to the tunnels built on Magnum XL-200 which are more like plastic tubes. Not everywhere but just at certain points. Anything to continue adding to the ride experience that probably wouldn't cost too much more to add.

That's something that I really like about Kong. The start of the ride goes through the exterior portion, which could have a little more to it but it works. Then, you go into the "temple" and all Hades breaks loose. Plus, the ride takes up several minutes. I'm not big on being sprayed but that is okay. It doesn't drench me, at least. Still, the ride progresses from the calm into the storm, so to speak. Finally, Kong shows up and, after doing what he does, restores calm yet again. So, just like a lot of the "something goes wrong" rides, this ride follows a similar role although you get a feeling that things are going to go wrong almost from the start. From the scary queue to entering through the forbidding gates, you never get a sense that all is well in the world of Kong.

I HATE those crazy slow climbs, to the point where I just can't get on the ride. Shoot me out of a cannon any day! Once it's done, it's done! On the climbs, I've been known to pray to anyone who should be listening at the time LOL

Climbs I don't mind - drops I can't stand. My least favorite part of the Hulk is that little drop after the break run. I like my stomach to remain anchored in my body, thank you very much.

Thanks! I recorded the audio but thought it had looped, turned out everything I recorded in the 30 minutes was different, so I wondered if anyone knew exactly how long the full loop was (or if I was lucky w/ that 30 minute guess).

Reactions: HPFred