Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

Indeed, of the greatest AAs ever.

I just wish the driver said something like "don't need glasses anymore."

Usually peeps see me take off my goggles and do the same, but what are rides without any of us like?

"That last think wadint therdee!" :grin:

I heard there are 5 drivers you can get. I've been on it twice and got the Skull Island native both times. From Youtube I found videos of Will Denham and the Texan woman. What are the other two drivers?

• Becky Callahan: The loose-cannon cowgirl who isn’t fazed by the dangers awaiting her on Skull Island.
  • Will Denham: The fresh-faced, adventure-seeking younger cousin of famed movie director Carl Denham.
  • Jinks Costanza: A hardened New York City ex-con who is wary of the island’s mysteries.
  • Kalana: A mystical descendent of the natives who first settled on the island.
  • Charles “Doc” Jordan: A PhD student in paleontology who took time off from his studies to explore the world.

My fav has always been Kalana.

The three times I got to ride it on my last trip I got Kalana once and Jinks twice. Liked them both, though the fact that Jinks actually sounds like a character from an early 1930s gangster movie pushed him over the top for me. I was particularly impressed with the way each driver's personality subtly colors the overall tone of the ride itself.

Hopefully I'll get the other drivers on my next trip.

The three times I got to ride it on my last trip I got Kalana once and Jinks twice. Liked them both, though the fact that Jinks actually sounds like a character from an early 1930s gangster movie pushed him over the top for me. I was particularly impressed with the way each driver's personality subtly colors the overall tone of the ride itself.

Hopefully I'll get the other drivers on my next trip.
I have around 50 rides in already. The only driver I don't care for much is Becky. But yes, the drivers are a nice plus for the ride. I've been a fan of Reign of Kong since day one. And the attraction seems to get more general public popularity with age. It still has one of the two or three longest lines just about every day, and it has high capacity to boot. Maybe the You Tube & social media crowd weren't big fans, but I don't generally put much stock in their general overly negative opinions anyway.

As I've said before, I've only ever gotten Kalana, but I've found videos of everyone else except Jinks. And from what I've seen, I really like Kalana and Will due to their connections to the Kong story. The other two are just kind of there.