Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

There's a grand total of one thing I like about F&F: the apartment building/alley scene you ride past before the ride proper starts, simply because I think that bit is so exceptionally well-themed; dare I say, I get vibes of Kongfrontation and Disaster! from that bit alone.
Best part of the ride by far.

There's a grand total of one thing I like about F&F: the apartment building/alley scene you ride past before the ride proper starts, simply because I think that bit is so exceptionally well-themed; dare I say, I get vibes of Kongfrontation and Disaster! from that bit alone.
It's gorgeously done..Universal knows how to do immersion with practical sets.

Also, the first scene with the projection walls makes me excited because I feel we'll see stuff like that on Mario Kart

I am coming next week and it has been a couple of years since I have been to the parks. Does anyone know if they still the scare-actors in the queue? It was one of my favorite things about the queue but I fear that they may have taken it out by now.

I am coming next week and it has been a couple of years since I have been to the parks. Does anyone know if they still the scare-actors in the queue? It was one of my favorite things about the queue but I fear that they may have taken it out by now.
He's usually in the area right after the Witch showroom.

Finally got to ride this and enjoyed it more than I expected to. Maybe my expectations were low so it was easy for the ride to exceed them.
The queue is among the very best that Universalnhave done. No scareactor sadly, but the witch is really cool.

The ride itself is a fun, but short experience. I would like to see some more physical sets of course. The bats in the first room had me set up for more like it, but then nothing until the big guy himself at the end.

Even a couple of worms and maybe a t-rex would push this from good to great for me I think.

My wife thought it was crap though :grin:

Finally got to ride this and enjoyed it more than I expected to. Maybe my expectations were low so it was easy for the ride to exceed them.
The queue is among the very best that Universalnhave done. No scareactor sadly, but the witch is really cool.

The ride itself is a fun, but short experience. I would like to see some more physical sets of course. The bats in the first room had me set up for more like it, but then nothing until the big guy himself at the end.

Even a couple of worms and maybe a t-rex would push this from good to great for me I think.

My wife thought it was crap though :grin:

Everything other than the screens and the location is perfection.

Unfortunately, those two factors severely impact my ability to enjoy it.

I don’t understand how this ride can get any hate ever.

It’s absolutely fantastic. A perfect addition to IoA.

My only complaint is I wish they expanded skull island to include Thunder Falls and reworked the restaurant entrance to Kong’s side (with a JP gate on the other).

But the ride, queue, story and everything is perfect.

I don’t understand how this ride can get any hate ever.

It’s absolutely fantastic. A perfect addition to IoA.

My only complaint is I wish they expanded skull island to include Thunder Falls and reworked the restaurant entrance to Kong’s side (with a JP gate on the other)
I love repeat rides on Kong, especially in the night. Like Gringotts, I can ride this repeatedly without getting uncomfortable from it being too intense physically. It may not be the best ride in a resort with so many potential GOAT's, but it is certainly in the upper echelon, and lots of fun with a really good queue and great pre show.

I wish there was one more ride through scene on the ride with just sets and AAs and it’d be a 10/10 for me. Now it’s a 9/10 but my favorite queue outside of Hogwarts. The queue is absolutely insane.
I’d sacrifice the first two screen rooms for elaborate sets. Kate doesn’t do much anyway so she could’ve been dropped entirely and the story could’ve just focused on our truck.

I’d sacrifice the first two screen rooms for elaborate sets. Kate doesn’t do much anyway so she could’ve been dropped entirely and the story could’ve just focused on our truck.
I actually love those first two scenes with the special effects as they bombard the tram. Bats and the monster attacks/monster shot up body parts everywhere are super fun.

I actually love those first two scenes with the special effects as they bombard the tram. Bats and the monster attacks/monster shot up body parts everywhere are super fun.
It’s fun for me too but given the choice they could’ve done something else a bit more, gripping. Just think how the bug scene played out in the Peter Jackson movie before the reinforcements arrived.

Ya I don't disagree either, but just a tad more sets would've made this an absolute perfection of the ride.

Also, lets not forget the score. The score for this ride is one of my all time favorites, leaves you on an incredible high.