Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Skull Island: Reign of Kong - General Discussion

I don't think the guys in the other truck die. They make a reference to picking them up "in the gorge" when you exit.
I know the part you're talking about - it's Dr. (Marian) Krillman's team in the west gorge - She's a paleontologist & archaeological adviser for the team (so it makes sense her team would be looking in the deep rock layers for bones). But to be fair, the fate of Kate's companions may be more ambiguous than we made it in the video LOL

And thank you belloq87!

Last edited:
Just catching up on this thread and seeing the post about the scare actor, that’s really too bad. Frankly I never encountered him directly but have been in that part of the queue when others were shocked by him. Adds to the ambiance and the queue. Anyone think there’s a chance they hire another scare actor? I hope so cause imo this is the best queue in Orlando, or at the very very least top 5 if I really sat down to think about it.

Just catching up on this thread and seeing the post about the scare actor, that’s really too bad. Frankly I never encountered him directly but have been in that part of the queue when others were shocked by him. Adds to the ambiance and the queue. Anyone think there’s a chance they hire another scare actor? I hope so cause imo this is the best queue in Orlando, or at the very very least top 5 if I really sat down to think about it.
If they can't find a way to ensure the actor's safety the position will not be filled. I hope they can find a way.

Was there supposed to be a front screen? I always assumed that it did't have obne (like F&F)
Fast and Furious does actually have a front screen. It is relatively neat when sitting in the front row.
Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 1.07.32 AM-min.png
There isn't a front screen on Kong.
Very interesting. I could of sworn a couple years back an insider on this forum mentioned that they never got the front screen to work. Spent a good hour or so combing this thread to no avail. However, I am probably misremembering. I could of sworn though that upon exiting the 360 screen I can see where the screen would retract. I searched POV's and found some grainy shots of what I claim to see, however they do little justice. Below will be a picture where I will attempt to highlight what I have seen in person.
Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 1.43.11 AM.jpg
The picture is from when exiting the 360 sequence. You can see the black is the part in which the vehicle exits. However notice how where the door ends there is the frame continues a couple feet over. This line also continues vertically but it is hard to see in the photo. To me it looks as if it is a sliding screen door. However, I don't really trust myself on this haha.

I don't think there is one

I heard that the black walls on either end of the opening were supposed to extend out as you drove forward

But I think that's just a rumor
It's interesting looking back through the thread. There is a lot of talk of the extending walls and also claims that certain scene lengths changed. The latter I personally don't believe to be true. However, I do believe some dialogue changed.

Fast and Furious does actually have a front screen. It is relatively neat when sitting in the front row.
View attachment 11881

Very interesting. I could of sworn a couple years back an insider on this forum mentioned that they never got the front screen to work. Spent a good hour or so combing this thread to no avail. However, I am probably misremembering. I could of sworn though that upon exiting the 360 screen I can see where the screen would retract. I searched POV's and found some grainy shots of what I claim to see, however they do little justice. Below will be a picture where I will attempt to highlight what I have seen in person.
View attachment 11883
The picture is from when exiting the 360 sequence. You can see the black is the part in which the vehicle exits. However notice how where the door ends there is the frame continues a couple feet over. This line also continues vertically but it is hard to see in the photo. To me it looks as if it is a sliding screen door. However, I don't really trust myself on this haha.

It's interesting looking back through the thread. There is a lot of talk of the extending walls and also claims that certain scene lengths changed. The latter I personally don't believe to be true. However, I do believe some dialogue changed.
The last scene certainly changed post opening. Adding in some music and narration

This probably falls into hot take category for this forum, but I personally think no scare actor is a better for Kong generally. I anecdotally know multiple families that have refused to go on Kong since encountering the scare actor. Even while the ride “wasn’t too bad” for their kids, (and in some cases adults with anxiety), they couldn’t bring themselves to go through the queue. While I know that most people on this forum enjoy HHN, and it’s scares, there is a reason why there are many people that do not go, and making a “scare encounter,” which I’ll admit is nowhere near the scare level of HHN, an effectively mandatory part of the queue for an attraction that otherwise isn’t bad can be limiting.
Let alone all of the liabilities of an unexpected scare actor, and the bad reactions that can come from that, this may be for the best