Lionsgate World Resort | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Lionsgate World Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Intamin is building the ride so I suspect all the track is being fabricated there, maybe the main tower itself as well and will be brought over in modular form.

Interesting, they are basically looking for investors. Once again, I'll believe it when I see it but I doubt this is ever really going to happen.

Reactions: s8film40
Interesting, they are basically looking for investors. Once again, I'll believe it when I see it but I doubt this is ever really going to happen.
It's kind of surprising they're actually looking for people to invest as little as $200.

At this point they might as well just put it on Kickstarter, it would probably have a better chance that way.

Eh, I think it will happen, but I don't think it will hit their target date at all.

All they need to do is put this on Kickstarter or Gofundme and they'll get a bunch of small donations.

Some say the Orlando tower is fully funded, that this is for the start up of other locations in the states with places like Atlanta and Nashville. Quite Frankly, they didn't put much effort into the research for their towns. If I was someone that wanted to place these, I'd look for locations with a derth of local options. One stands out and that's Memphis. Huge amounts of travelers on major north/south and east/west interstates cross the MIGHTY Mississippi there every day plus other major roads. Add the fact, there's no local park of any kind, add the fact that that within 3/1/2 hours of Memphis there's over 5 million people in towns also lacking similar attractions (Jackson, MS, Birmingham, Nashville, Little Rock) This coupled with an already outstanding zoo, Beale St and other smaller attractions, and you would be well situated for success if placed along the riverfront on Mud Island. Imagine that at the top of the lift hill, you make a turn around the tower and stare down a drop with the River as the back drop.

Instead, they'll flop one down in Atlanta in the middle of sprawl, compete with the local six flags and everything else or in a parking lot at an outlet mall in Nashville

Some say the Orlando tower is fully funded, that this is for the start up of other locations in the states with places like Atlanta and Nashville. Quite Frankly, they didn't put much effort into the research for their towns. If I was someone that wanted to place these, I'd look for locations with a derth of local options. One stands out and that's Memphis. Huge amounts of travelers on major north/south and east/west interstates cross the MIGHTY Mississippi there every day plus other major roads. Add the fact, there's no local park of any kind, add the fact that that within 3/1/2 hours of Memphis there's over 5 million people in towns also lacking similar attractions (Jackson, MS, Birmingham, Nashville, Little Rock) This coupled with an already outstanding zoo, Beale St and other smaller attractions, and you would be well situated for success if placed along the riverfront on Mud Island. Imagine that at the top of the lift hill, you make a turn around the tower and stare down a drop with the River as the back drop.

Instead, they'll flop one down in Atlanta in the middle of sprawl, compete with the local six flags and everything else or in a parking lot at an outlet mall in Nashville
Cool thing about it.
Having skyplex wont hurt Orlando.
Not having Skyplex wont hurt Orlando.
Orlando is still going to get over 60 Million visitors a year. So they need to really think about it.

I really don't see "the world's largest Perkins restaurant" as a selling point. Nor do I think the Sky coaster needs VR, surly at 500ft+ its all about the height and the views, both of which would be lost if the rider was blinded from the natural world with a head set. I don't know maybe I'm a traditionalist and should jump on board with this VR coaster fad but I do struggle to see the benefits, guess one positive is is that it would increase re-rideability. But then again if a ride is good enough in the first place it shouldn't need a gimmick to get riders back on board.

They state "they are readying to break ground in the coming months" having given this attraction a 50/50 of actual happening so I will be watching with open eyes. Having met Joshua Wallack I don't doubt his ambition or dedication to get this thing off the ground but I do struggle to get my head around the sheer scale of it, a scale that even a Disney or a Uni might struggle with,

I wish them luck and look forward to see this thing rise and in what guise,

Last edited:
Reactions: anihilnation
I really don't see "the world's largest Perkins restaurant" as a selling point. Nor do I think the Sky coaster needs VR, surly at 500ft+ its all about the height and the views, both of which would be lost if the rider was blinded from the natural world with a head set. I don't know maybe I'm a traditionalist and should jump on board with this VR coaster fad but I do struggle to see the benefits, guess one positive is is that it would increase readability. But then again if a ride is good enough in the first place ir shouldn't need a gimmick to get riders back on board.

They state "they are readying to break ground in the coming months" having given this attraction a 50/50 of actual happening so I will be watching with open eyes. Having met Joshua Wallack I don't doubt his ambition or dedication to get this thing off the ground but I do struggle to get my head around the sheer scale of it, a scale that even a Disney or a Uni might struggle with,

I wish them luck and look forward to see this thing rise and in what guise,

Some things aren't just suppose to happen. This most likely will end up like Verruckt in KC where they built something to break records but realizing it wasn't worthwhile in the long run.

I.E a huge problem if riders get stuck on the way up as I don't think they have the ability to get them off safely.

Some things aren't just suppose to happen. This most likely will end up like Verruckt in KC where they built something to break records but realizing it wasn't worthwhile in the long run.

I.E a huge problem if riders get stuck on the way up as I don't think they have the ability to get them off safely.
I honestly don't think Wallack cares if it ends up being worthwhile or not. He's rich and this is his pet project.

There's a number of safety brakes, all of which would evacuate into the tower. From there I don't know if there are stairs or an elevator.

I still don't think this thing is happening. The VR thing really just seems like a desperate attempt to get the project back in the news.

I still don't think this thing is happening. The VR thing really just seems like a desperate attempt to get the project back in the news.
Well I mean it's a month old article and I hadn't heard of it until I posted it so if that's what they were going for, they failed.

EDIT: I'm still on the side that this is happening though. If only because of Wallack. Think about everything in that location. Skyplex and it's various attractions, Perkins and then Mango's. Skyplex is the daytime fun and Mango's is the nighttime entertainment. He's trying to leverage his business' from what I can tell.

Maybe the Perkins is on purposeful ploy... let grandma watch the kids and go out to eat while the parents go out to play at night :lol:

Last edited:
Well I mean it's a month old article and I hadn't heard of it until I posted it so if that's what they were going for, they failed.

EDIT: I'm still on the side that this is happening though. If only because of Wallack. Think about everything in that location. Skyplex and it's various attractions, Perkins and then Mango's. Skyplex is the daytime fun and Mango's is the nighttime entertainment. He's trying to leverage his business' from what I can tell.

Maybe the Perkins is on purposeful ploy... let grandma watch the kids and go out to eat while the parents go out to play at night :lol:

Yeah but Perkins! of all the chains they could have gone with they went with Perkins :ack:

Yeah but Perkins! of all the chains they could have gone with they went with Perkins :ack:
The reason it's Perkins is because Perkins is already existing in that location. The owners wouldn't sell unless they were promised that it would be rebuilt or something crazy like that.

Reactions: anihilnation