Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lionsgate World Resort

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
If this were to come to Miami, it will be near Bayside. With the new museums around there, Miami is trying to bring nightlife to downtown with something other than just Bayside where it's mostly tourists anyway. I think this is gonna stay near Orlando or Tampa. As much as I'd love to see this happen here, it just won't. Miami's thing is nightlife and arts. Not so much thrills.

If this were to come to Miami, it will be near Bayside. With the new museums around there, Miami is trying to bring nightlife to downtown with something other than just Bayside where it's mostly tourists anyway. I think this is gonna stay near Orlando or Tampa. As much as I'd love to see this happen here, it just won't. Miami's thing is nightlife and arts. Not so much thrills.

In my opinion, that's exactly what would make it appealing to Miami. Thrillseekers are an untapped market down there. The whole complex fits in with the Miami high-rises, and the tower could easily include a club to appeal to the market. Throw in a roller coaster on top of all of those proven venues and youve got something special that people could be interested in.

Its a standalone attraction, meaning it will cost money to ride. Where would you be more likely to spend money on a roller coaster ride? An area where the most visited theme parks in the world are within 20 minutes, or an area where the main draw is nightlife and arts? You dont put a Bobs Big Burger across from a McDonalds.

That's what I am thinking. It needs to be in the middle of the action, but different than the action around it. Miami does have the crowds, and does not have the roller coasters.

In my opinion, that's exactly what would make it appealing to Miami. Thrillseekers are an untapped market down there. The whole complex fits in with the Miami high-rises, and the tower could easily include a club to appeal to the market. Throw in a roller coaster on top of all of those proven venues and youve got something special that people could be interested in.

Its a standalone attraction, meaning it will cost money to ride. Where would you be more likely to spend money on a roller coaster ride? An area where the most visited theme parks in the world are within 20 minutes, or an area where the main draw is nightlife and arts? You dont put a Bobs Big Burger across from a McDonalds.

Although you have a point, I just can't see this being a thing in Downtown Miami (as much as I'd love to see it here). Actually, I can see this in Wynwood or near Wynwood. Midtown has been a growing little town, with this implemented in the center of our rising art neighborhood it will surely attract a lot more locals to this thriving area. Imagine the Pollercoaster during Art Basel, or Art Walk. This will be a major attraction in a buzzing town. It can bring more life to this area during the day. There's more than enough room to build it there.

Something about this seems too "vegas" to work in Miami. I have a feeling that whereever it gets built it will loose its novelty within 5-10 years and then just be a huge vacant structure. 500+ ft is REALLY tall. I have a feeling a huge portion of the population would be afraid of just the elevator ride.

Something about this seems too "vegas" to work in Miami. I have a feeling that whereever it gets built it will loose its novelty within 5-10 years and then just be a huge vacant structure. 500+ ft is REALLY tall. I have a feeling a huge portion of the population would be afraid of just the elevator ride.

I agree. I can't really see this in Miami considering the priorities of the people here. Going to a roller coaster wrapped around a structure isn't their idea of a good time. Add drinks and maybe some Tiesto and then perhaps you might get people going daily. This will go around Orlando or Tampa. Somewhere tourists are already going to ride rides. You don't come to Miami to ride rides. You come to Miami to escape, have drinks and be at the beach. And clubs.

So, I think this is coming to I-Drive, based on two new trademark filings from a company called WF Coaster Entertainment. They've recently filed applications for the mark "Skyscraper" and slogan "Gravity is for sissies." That name and slogan seem perfect for something like the Polercoaster.

I'm no expert when it comes to companies/LLC's, so if someone knows better, feel free to step in here, but the reason I think it's coming to I-Drive is because, after doing a quick Google search for "WF Coaster Entertainment", they seem to be one in the same as "RGF I Drive Orlando".

joDBZcULUJr7H.jpg

jv9aAh0ScupY4.jpg

So, I think this is coming to I-Drive, based on two new trademark filings from a company called WF Coaster Entertainment. They've recently filed applications for the mark "Skyscraper" and slogan "Gravity is for sissies." That name and slogan seem perfect for something like the Polercoaster.

I'm no expert when it comes to companies/LLC's, so if someone knows better, feel free to step in here, but the reason I think it's coming to I-Drive is because, after doing a quick Google search for "WF Coaster Entertainment", they seem to be one in the same as "RGF I Drive Orlando".

joDBZcULUJr7H.jpg

jv9aAh0ScupY4.jpg

Yeah, this definitely makes a lot more sense considering the slingshot that's there.

joDBZcULUJr7H.jpg

jv9aAh0ScupY4.jpg

"Sissies"? Really?

After looking at the name "Skyscraper", I think this is definitely an I-Drive attraction! Should be interesting where it will be (in I-Drive) and when it will start going up!

Got the slogan

[video=youtube;Pig6xZdptL4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pig6xZdptL4[/video]

joDBZcULUJr7H.jpg

jv9aAh0ScupY4.jpg

After a quick search, could the fact that the attorney on the paperwork (David K. Friedland) is based out of Miami mean anything? Just thought it was interesting.

Heres a link to the website: http://friedlandvining.com

could just be where the investors or business is based

^ That's true. Just wondering.

Edit: oh, love your slogan HTF. That part of Deuce Bigalow always cracks me up! Lol

Last edited:
If this thing is actually going into central Florida, my money is on this being an "I-Drive" attraction. It would be a perfect fit for I-Drive Live or whatever they're calling it. World's tallest ferris (observation) wheel and the world's tallest roller coaster. Bam, makes perfect sense. Doesn't fit any of the theme parks at all…even CityWalk.