Skyplex

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GadgetGuru

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
Theory: this thing is going to get half-built and then the company will run out of money in the recession. The half-constructed, ugly monstrosity will be left standing until someone decides to buy it and either finish it or demolish it.

I really hope I'm wrong.

P@n!K_Sw1tC#

Veteran Member
Aug 5, 2009
Windermere
Eww just no. Ever since Mangos opened crime on that block has spiked. Not interested in seeing more of the same infest I-Drive. Unicorp does a much better job with master planning.

Reactions: Honor_Knight

alomar

Rookie
Apr 14, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Theory: this thing is going to get half-built and then the company will run out of money in the recession. The half-constructed, ugly monstrosity will be left standing until someone decides to buy it and either finish it or demolish it.

I really hope I'm wrong.
So it will resemble the ferris wheel that was barely started in Vegas across from Luxor.

Yuck.

Reactions: tankart150

Tobias

Veteran Member
Feb 25, 2014
Universal tried...
If by trying to stop the project, not quite. As Joe put it...

They gladly used them for zoning the new park.
Uni had no intention of stopping this, they were stepping in to make sure everything was hunky dory when it came to zoning/height limits, so they knew what they could do for Epic Universe.

ParkRumors

Rookie
Jan 1, 2012
I still don't know if I believe that. Universal were the leaders of the few who opposed the project, specifically aligning themselves with the residents of the nearby Orange Tree neighborhood. The meeting where they spoke out against it was full of other companies, businesses and local residents in support of it getting built, so it seemed like it was going to be approved no matter what. Maybe I'm missing something, but how was Universal's opposition to something that seemed to be a shoe-in beneficial to them? Why couldn't they have just let it happen on its own? What if their opposition had caused the project to be cancelled or drastically scaled back?