Lionsgate World Resort | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Lionsgate World Resort

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think City Walk could be an option. We already know they wanted a coaster that operated out of park hours (Original plans for HRRR) maybe they could still want that option, as to where they would put it, I have no idea LOL. Just spit balling really but you can see my logic, I hope.

While these things will be huge, I just think its almost cheating at being the 'tallest'...maybe there should be an asterisk next to it. "Tallest coaster built into a tower."

I thought we should of heard news on the location of this thing by now, Im sure I recall they said an annoncement would be made in 3 weeks and those 3 weeks have well and truly passed. maybe imagined it :huh:

I know, I think they said we should hear something in 2 weeks ... it has been over a month and there even have been no further rumors.

Supposedly contract was signed, deposit made; groundbreaking suppose to be in spring, so one would assume contracts were in place already for the work as well ... so talk about a buzzkill!

Of course the Orlando Eye has this 'mystery' thing coming I think, but then face it, to put a poler coaster there would take away from ferris wheel ... you don't build a 425ft ferris wheel and then put a 525ft tower next to it ...

Supposedly contract was signed, deposit made; groundbreaking suppose to be in spring, so one would assume contracts were in place already for the work as well ... so talk about a buzzkill!

Of course the Orlando Eye has this 'mystery' thing coming I think, but then face it, to put a poler coaster there would take away from ferris wheel ... you don't build a 425ft ferris wheel and then put a 525ft tower next to it ...

If you did though… Talk about dominating the skies :lol:

For what it's worth, WESH (channel 6) says today it's still coming, announcement in the next 30 days.

http://www.wesh.com/themeparks/other/polercoaster-will-be-tallest-in-world-officials-say/24780164

My favorite part: "Theme park insiders tell WESH 2 they’re betting the Polercoaster will be in a big-name park because the expense of building it would make it a money-loser as a standalone attraction." Clearly not the insiders on OU. Isn't the whole point that the restaurant/bar at the top is the money maker?

I was just running thru possible placement in my mind.This would make a great Anchor Attraction For a STAR WARS THEME PARK .
Looking out at the Mos Isley spaceport.
@ 570 ft tall I doubt FAA would let it be built too close to Orlando Airport .That would take out Fun Spot ,Idrive and Universal .
If Disney puts this out in the next few months it would steal press from Diagon alley opening.

The only problem with above is I do not think they could have kept this secret this long.

Of course whoever this is can be looking for the press boost from diagon alley

Hmmmm, interesting. I was thinking this was dead in the water, will be interesting to see where this thing turns up.