Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lionsgate World Resort

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Could Fun Spot afford something like this?

I think the main issue with Fun Spot is that this is as much a restaurant/retail space as ride. That's where the money is going to be made. I don't see them wanting to get into that aspect of the hospitality business--as far as I know, they have almost zero experience with it, outside of a snack bar.

I think the main issue with Fun Spot is that this is as much a restaurant/retail space as ride. That's where the money is going to be made. I don't see them wanting to get into that aspect of the hospitality business--as far as I know, they have almost zero experience with it, outside of a snack bar.
I also don't know, even if it did go to Fun Spot, that enough people go to Fun Spot year round that it would make economic sense. Only a fraction of the visitors would end up at the restaurant and if that fraction is already small, i'd argue it would end up losing money.

Here is what I want. Except I should have called it "Universal Center" instead of "Universal Plaza". And please forgive the quality. I cannot draw.

mvi815.jpg

Here is what I want. Except I should have called it "Universal Center" instead of "Universal Plaza". And please forgive the quality. I cannot draw.

mvi815.jpg

That would be PERFECT. I will be a very happy geek if this happens! :happy: Is that in the Wet n' Wild plot (I saw Universal Blvd intersecting Intl Drive, and that's the only place I can think of)?

That would be PERFECT. I will be a very happy geek if this happens! :happy: Is that in the Wet n' Wild plot (I saw Universal Blvd intersecting Intl Drive, and that's the only place I can think of)?
Yeah. The side with The Polercoaster is where Wet and Wild is. The side with the curved hotel is where Wet and Wild's parking lot currently sits.

Just caught up to this. Love the concept, Dave! If they go with a new and improved water park re-using the WnW slides, it would be pretty great to have this take over the current WnW land! :thumbs:

They just announced on WESH that the coaster will be built in Orange county and will most likely be on I-Drive and will NOT be in one of the theme parks. This was announced at 5:15pm on May 30, 2014. Even more info to be released on the the exact location in the weeks to come.

WESH uncovered evidence of a meeting with Mayor Theresa Jacobs, Bill Kitchen, and the owner of the new Mango's bar on International Drive. They're hypothesizing that he's the buyer of the Poler Coaster.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.wesh.com/themeparks/other/polercoaster-coming-to-central-florida-sources-say/26254220#!SA7Hc

ORLANDO, Fla. —A WESH 2 News investigation reveals the world's tallest roller coaster is coming to Central Florida.

U.S. Thrill Rides, designer of the Polercoaster vertical coaster, has been saying for months that it has a client in Florida to buy and build the ride, but we didn't know where.

Now, documents made public provide evidence the coaster is coming to Orange County.

All indications are that the Polercoaster will be built outside of a major theme park, and the company believed to be leading the effort is already building the new Mango's Café just south of Sand Lake Road.

The idea that the tallest roller coaster on earth is coming to Florida has been racing through the attractions world.

In November, at the amusement industry convention, U.S. Thrill Rides' president Michael Kitchen detailed the plans for the ride and the attraction.

It will feature a concert hall, entertainment, restaurant and retail space, all 570-feet in the air.

"Imagine being 50 stories in the air and orbiting the entire observation structure, rolling inverted and coming down to the ground. It's going to be an incredible ride," he said.

WESH 2 News has obtained a copy of the visitor log that shows Orange County Mayor Teresa Jacobs or her staff met Thursday with Jeff Forrest, president of Winter Park Construction, Joshua Wallack of Wallack Holdings LLC, Kitchen and Alan Helman, founder of global architectural firm HHCP.

Sources tell WESH 2 News that Wallack, who is currently building a huge Mango's Tropical Café on International Drive, is leading the team to build the Polercoaster in Orange County.

Planning records show Wallack previously planned to build a large parking lot a block away from his café, but that land could be the coaster site,

Since then, Wallack bought a Walgreen's property near Mango's to build a new garage.

The world's tallest coaster could blend well with the nearby Orlando Eye, a 425-foot observation wheel.

Everyone connected to the Polercoast won't comment.

Sources tell WESH 2 News an announcement of the Polercoaster project including the exact location could be revealed as soon as the middle to end of next week.

Inside the video it mentions that the developer also bought the walgreens next door to make a parking garage. The video also mentioned a lot a block away that may also be the future sight.
10417658_647399922012705_3991921219467201303_n.jpg

RED-Mango's Tropical Cafe GREEN-Possible empty lot? Also to the east of Universal Boulevard may be a location.

I FOUND IT!!!! http://eb5aig.com/portfolio-item/skyscraper-skyplex/ And its to be located in the light red on my map!

10367148_647744161978281_2737519379445654773_n.png

You can see the black is Sand Lake Road, The Orange Is International Drive, The Brown is Canada Avenue and The purple x is the same apartments found in the next map.

10363980_647745648644799_5251147866319777814_n.jpg

Dark Red: Intl. Drive, Blue:Universal Blvd. Yellow: Sand Lake Road Orange: Same apartments on proposal Light Red: Polercoaster. (Website Source: Screamscape)

It looks like the lot used to be some type go karting place. Anybody know what its name was?

10389519_647749498644414_5998305284354580028_n.jpg