Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lionsgate World Resort

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Theory: this thing is going to get half-built and then the company will run out of money in the recession. The half-constructed, ugly monstrosity will be left standing until someone decides to buy it and either finish it or demolish it.

I really hope I'm wrong.

Theory: this thing is going to get half-built and then the company will run out of money in the recession. The half-constructed, ugly monstrosity will be left standing until someone decides to buy it and either finish it or demolish it.

I really hope I'm wrong.
So it will resemble the ferris wheel that was barely started in Vegas across from Luxor.

Yuck.

I still don't know if I believe that. Universal were the leaders of the few who opposed the project, specifically aligning themselves with the residents of the nearby Orange Tree neighborhood. The meeting where they spoke out against it was full of other companies, businesses and local residents in support of it getting built, so it seemed like it was going to be approved no matter what. Maybe I'm missing something, but how was Universal's opposition to something that seemed to be a shoe-in beneficial to them? Why couldn't they have just let it happen on its own? What if their opposition had caused the project to be cancelled or drastically scaled back?