SNES Classic | Inside Universal Forums

SNES Classic

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 17, 2010
New York
So this was released yesterday. Arrived at Target 5 minutes before it opened. There was a line, not a big line but I figured I'd try my luck. Turns out they received a lot of systems so I was able to get one. Sounds like Nintendo actually learned from their mistake last year with the NES.

Unlike the original NES, I still have my Super Nintendo and some of the key games included in this, so I wasn't gonna go nuts to try and get this. Needless to say, I'm exited to play some of these games on this I missed out on. I've played through Super Mario World, Mega ManX, and Donkey Kong country countless times and stand as some of my favorite games of all time.

Anyone else get this or is looking to get it? Nintendo urged everyone not to pay scalper prices and that there will be a steady flow of systems

I got one, basically the same way. I missed the preorder, but decided the night before release to try a nearby Walmart (it’s a normal one that opens at 6 instead of being 24 hours). I show up at 5:50, there’s six people in line plus a manager to keep peace. He told us they had ten and only two people showed up after me by the time I left, so there was one lingering.

I’m thrilled to have it.