Snow White and the Huntsman Attraction | Inside Universal Forums

Snow White and the Huntsman Attraction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Dec 13, 2009
Florida
Alright before you call me crazy...Since this is a Universal film and involves a lot of action sequences AND since Snow White's Scary Adventures is now gone from MK...does anyone think this could come to IOA or USF as an attraction? I could honestly see the ride taking over the dead space between Toon and Marvel...Is it way too close to Disney for it to be its own thing or would the differences in the overall story make it able to stand alone as a twist on a classic fairytale...thoughts?

I won't call you crazy..... but nope. Universal woulnd't mess with Snow White since it's still mostly known for the Disney movie.

Also, Scary Adventures is getting replaced essentially with the Mine Coaster...so they still would have Snow White.

eh, not likely to ever be popular enough to have its own attraction or Island. But what could happen maybe if hypothetically it was a large success could be to have some characters posing, and if they Really wanted to squeeze somewhere they can put them in what little is left of the Lost Continent for the backdrop to make sense in pictures, even though it is mostly Mediterranean.

Well, Snow White and the Huntsman is a Universal movie...

I could see Universal execs putting it into the nighttime lagoon show just as a giant middle finger to Disney, but that's about it.

True, but when the average person thinks "Snow White," they also think Disney.

Granted, a more adult Snow White ride would be awesome. The creature designs from the movie look like they're gonna be fantastic. Still, I won't get my hopes up.

eh, not likely to ever be popular enough to have its own attraction or Island. But what could happen maybe if hypothetically it was a large success could be to have some characters posing, and if they Really wanted to squeeze somewhere they can put them in what little is left of the Lost Continent for the backdrop to make sense in pictures, even though it is mostly Mediterranean.

Casting Snow White would be easy. All the girl has to do is constantly grab at her hair.

True, but when the average person thinks "Snow White," they also think Disney.

Granted, a more adult Snow White ride would be awesome. The creature designs from the movie look like they're gonna be fantastic. Still, I won't get my hopes up.

If anything, maybe a reference in Horror Make-up.

^I mean, they tried to capitalize on their Wolfman disaster a few years back.:rolleyes:

They'd be fools not to do the same with their entry into the Summer blockbuster game that has three A-listers in its cast list.

^I mean, they tried to capitalize on their Wolfman disaster a few years back.:rolleyes:

They'd be fools not to do the same with their entry into the Summer blockbuster game that has three A-listers in its cast list.

One, Wolfman was a horror movie. Two, the theme of that year tied directly with movies. Three, it was used a marketing device. It was supposed to come out Oct 2009 before it was pushed back to Feb 2010.

^I fully understand why they did it and agree with all of your above points, I'm simply saying that if they want to use one of their current properties that has semi-horror aspects to it, they might as well use this film.

^I fully understand why they did it and agree with all of your above points, I'm simply saying that if they want to use one of their current properties that has semi-horror aspects to it, they might as well use this film.

Well that brings us back to the forces behind HHN saying they were "done using properties for a while."

Well that brings us back to the forces behind HHN saying they were "done using properties for a while."

Oh, okay. I don't keep up with the happenings off HHN as much as I should. In that case I applaud them for wanting to continue creativity and originality.

Browsing older treads I stumbled on this one and although the movie sucked, the notion of taking the Grimm fairytales, remove the Disney sugar-coating and dedicate an island to them (maybe replacing the newspaper cartoon island) would be a novel idea. The IP's are in the public domain.
What if Universal took a new spin on Snow White and used this as an inspiration video. Sure there would be a lot of terrified traumatised kids but I would love to visit it. ;-)

[video=youtube;kIBeYoP9Wi0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kIBeYoP9Wi0[/video]