Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

n i c k

VIP Member
Sep 2, 2015
From what I can tell, after HHN seems to be the consensus, but when? I'm considering taking my daughter around Thanksgiving, but looking at the height requirements, I am not quite sure she can ride much of anything. So, is there any chance Barney/Curious George are still doing their thing come November 22nd?

Thanks

Honestly, I haven't heard anything about the Kids Zone closing that early. We have rumors that some other things are going to close right after HHN. Not really thinking they are going to close the kids area that soon. But like I said, we will just have to keep an eye on this!

From what I can tell, after HHN seems to be the consensus, but when? I'm considering taking my daughter around Thanksgiving, but looking at the height requirements, I am not quite sure she can ride much of anything. So, is there any chance Barney/Curious George are still doing their thing come November 22nd?

Thanks

If I am not mistaken, we talked about this on the Nintendo coming to Universal Parks thread, and I believe some have mentioned phased closures starting as soon as horror nights finishing up.

That said, if closures start, I would think we'll find out relatively soon. But, that can be discussed in the proper thread.

I don't believe we'll see much of an announcement for KidZone's closure. More like, we show and there are walls.

Same for FFL.

Well that is quite disappointing. Is there any recourse or a refund if I plan my vacation and purchase my tickets only to arrive to an unannounced shuttering of one of the main things I was attending for?

Well that is quite disappointing. Is there any recourse or a refund if I plan my vacation and purchase my tickets only to arrive to an unannounced shuttering of one of the main things I was attending for?
They try to be as accommodating as possible for situations like that, but that doesn't guarantee anything, the terms and conditions of your admission clearly states that anything can close at any time for any reason.

Not really. But raise a stink. They'll throw lots of free stuff at you. And to be honest, they have most of the stuff only better elsewhere in the park. Hippogriff is better than Woody Woodpecker. Camp Jurrasic is better than Fivals. Barney and the Curious George ball pit are the only 2 things not found elsewhere. But Seuss has a lot for that age group.

I would not be surprised if a Curious George and Barney M&G are set up near the construction wall.

The audition notice specifically says “A Day in the Park with Barney” and mentions choreography.
OH NO! It was fine when they had the purple one stashed in a corner where I never went but this sounds like they are going to let him roam and sing that stupid song out where paying guests can hear/see him.. Talk about a Horrah show!

Not really. But raise a stink. They'll throw lots of free stuff at you. And to be honest, they have most of the stuff only better elsewhere in the park. Hippogriff is better than Woody Woodpecker. Camp Jurrasic is better than Fivals. Barney and the Curious George ball pit are the only 2 things not found elsewhere. But Seuss has a lot for that age group.

I would not be surprised if a Curious George and Barney M&G are set up near the construction wall.
A Barney mini show would not surprise me during the construction...We know how Universal loves its street mini shows outside of construction areas

BTW, the construction guys' show is one of my favorites, minus the DA stuff

Universal has a LONG history of doing this with attractions that were slated to close and the closure keeps getting pushed back. I know someone who worked at Twister who was told it was closing for over a year (for Fallon) before it finally closed as they kept pushing the actual closing date back. They were transferred to Kid Zone and have been told for over a year that it was closing only to have the date pushed further and further back. Universal's agility in being able to change plans works for them, but it also means there's a lot of uncertainty for those people who work the attractions. Dragons also kept getting pushed back for about a year.