Sonic the Hedgehog 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm really happy to know that Fowler is back on for directing--Sonic was a lot better than I expected, and I'm..kind of excited to see where they go with Tails.

This debuted last night during TGA and honestly, it looks fantastic. Feels like a really good blending of STH2/3 with the importance on the Master Emerald. Love the designs for Tails and Knuckles, alongside Eggman's getup and the design for the robots.

Feels like a really good amount of fun, determining on the film's pacing.

Reactions: Legacy
There's Sonic 3 dockable cartridge joke somewhere in here...

Coming back to this nearly 2 years later, but Paramount must've seen it, because they announced Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Must be really confident in Sonic 2 to be as public as they are now. And from recent promotionals, it looks absolutely fantastic.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
So, RT is having critical reception at 63%, the same percentile as the original (but fans and game journalists who have seen it are praising how much it's willing to go to further give Sonic and the game characters time to shine, with it being a much more solid family action/adventure film).

For me its a good sequel and better then the first film

Now with that being said 30 mins of this film could have been cut and think it will be the one major thing people will talk about, its just too long. Its a Sonic movie and its for kids very....very clearly, so lets try not to go over 90 mins next time.

I'd cut the wedding stuff and the dance off and maybe some of the sonic alone stuff but other then that the film works well.
Besides Jim Carey still dont care about the human characters, hope we see even less of them next time.
Sonic feels more like himself then in the first film and thats great, Tails is super sweet and pretty much perfect and Knuckles, I'm sad he may never been this badass in a movie again, lol

Now onto BIG Spoilers
Shadow as the next villain to me, is both smart but also really skipping over lots of other sonic villains like Metal Sonic and Choas and hope they can still come in even if they just aren't as loved as Shadow. Also while no hints about her, I think Amy will also show up next film

Reactions: ghostsarejerks
For me its a good sequel and better then the first film

Now with that being said 30 mins of this film could have been cut and think it will be the one major thing people will talk about, its just too long. Its a Sonic movie and its for kids very....very clearly, so lets try not to go over 90 mins next time.

I'd cut the wedding stuff and the dance off and maybe some of the sonic alone stuff but other then that the film works well.
Besides Jim Carey still dont care about the human characters, hope we see even less of them next time.
Sonic feels more like himself then in the first film and thats great, Tails is super sweet and pretty much perfect and Knuckles, I'm sad he may never been this badass in a movie again, lol

Now onto BIG Spoilers
Shadow as the next villain to me, is both smart but also really skipping over lots of other sonic villains like Metal Sonic and Choas and hope they can still come in even if they just aren't as loved as Shadow. Also while no hints about her, I think Amy will also show up next film
Couldn't agree more about the human characters, their side plots just dragged the movie to a dead stop every time a cartoon character wasn't with them. Like the whole wedding subplot had no bearing at all on the story.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Couldn't agree more about the human characters, their side plots just dragged the movie to a dead stop every time a cartoon character wasn't with them. Like the whole wedding subplot had no bearing at all on the story.
Honestly, it feels like a hilarious idea for a deleted scene but it's like another film coming into a sonic movie. I think if I can download the film and edit it down, it would pretty much be the perfect Sonic Film but with the added fat for me this film is great a 8/10 but easily could have been a 9 or ten (no, not a 10/10 like an amazing A24 film but a 10/10 for what a Sonic film could be)

And surprisingly, it broke expectations, going past the projected earnings to get 71 million dollars domestically.
It actually was being projected for anywhere around $70M after the Thursday previews so didn't really come out of nowhere.

To put it in perspective though, Fast 9 opened to the same amount last June and this is for a movie aimed at kids (this is the highest a family film like this has earned since pre-pandemic). To me, that tells me that the box office is back. Spider-Man was A LOT of people's first movie they'd seen in theaters since after sort of going back to normal. By getting more people back like that, it got them used to being back in a (probably) packed theater again, meaning they would be more open to going to future movies.

If these are the type of numbers for a Sonic movie is putting up, I can only imagine what Multiverse of Madness may do. I think that movie is going to lean more female than normal for a Marvel movie because of the Wanda stans and with the bonkers nature of it all for everyone else as a follow up to No Way Home, I can easily see it pulling in over $200M opening weekend.