Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Special Effects Show

Apologies for the poor quality, but I noticed this easter egg while watching the new show for the first time a few weeks ago:

24033804470_bf20e557b8_z.jpg

This red box sits in the back of the stage behind the actors for the duration of the show and reads, "BACKDRAFT PYRO."

Technically.... this would be the 2nd date. The first RSVP AP viewing was the preview performances the date before its debut. So it is unlikely they will offer up a 3rd AP viewing day.

I'd rather they give us an AP Butterbeer tasting (cold, frozen, warm, & ice cream)... before the land soft-opens/begins previews... because.. well... Butterbeer

Welp... unfortunately, my new job has me starting today so I won't be able to make it to this. :(  I was really looking forward to it to since I haven't gotten around to seeing the show in person yet. -SIGH- ​Oh well.

I expect IU to be on hand today (or somebody) to get video of the show (again), as well as the behind the scenes look and Q&A!!!

It was fun. The director was there as well as Tim Runco. After the show they came out with the cast and stunt guys and showed a little slide show with pre-production drawings and rehearsal photos. Most of the questions were about the fire stunt. This is a nice thing to do for the pass holders and it was pretty full. I'd say 800 to 900 people.

Its interesting to note also, they were going to have a suspended car stunt scene in the show apparently thanks to the Q&A, but that got cut in the concept process if I remember the tweets exactly from IU and CaliInformer.

Wish I could've gone yesterday. I'll have to pull up the video and watch it. Sounds like it was cool.

Sounds like a recycle stunt from Fear Factor Live... although I don't remember if Hollywood had that car stunt or not & I have no desire to go digging for a video of that awful show.

I actually shared an Über with one of the stuntmen for SES last night. I asked him what he was doing while it was under refurbishment. He said that he's in rehearsals, teaching some new performers the firewalk and the fight choreography. Overall, I got the impression that this downtime will be pretty short, like with JP, and it will (hopefully) be open again for guests in time for Grinchmas to start in earnest.

Okay so this has been bugging me so much ever since I became an AP. During the middle of the show they do a Motion Capture presentation with the CoHost in a MoCap suit. During the time where he is dancing, is it a prerecorded video he is imitating or is that actually him up on screen. Every time I watch the show the video seems to be exactly the same hence why I have now decided to come here with it.

So, is it really MoCap and if it isn't why can't they do real Motion Capture during the show just like Warner Brothers studios does it?

So, is it really MoCap and if it isn't why can't they do real Motion Capture during the show just like Warner Brothers studios does it?

There's a mirror in front of the booth so the actor can see the screen behind them.

Real-life motion capture is expensive to do, and a show like Special Effects Show is run on a strict time code. If they can reduce variables whenever possible, they're going to do it.

Seen it twice, once right beside the stage and able to feel the heat from the fire act.

It does not looked real-time to me. Actor seems doing something else from the screen. Thanks for confirming that it's not real-time.

Still strikes me as odd that Ted is now the character used. Sure, he's a MoCap character, but one from an R-rated film.

I'm sure Uni will replace him when they can.