1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Spider-Man Attraction (DCA)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by AlexanderMBush, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

2. Chris Galindo

Chris Galindo Veteran Member

this is one hot mess man.

Freak likes this.
  3. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

4. Paulio

Paulio Member

Well, that art concept seems....underwhelming. That's the best Disney Imagineers can come up with?!!

5. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

All I have to say is....

CA64D0A4-F2FF-4D7C-9CD8-E21FA88AF147.jpeg

6. ThemeParks4Life

ThemeParks4Life Veteran Member

7. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

The theming inside the ride looks fine.... but it does not fit a Spider-Man ride. Ugh.

Universal needs to make some more Marvel rides ASAP.

8. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    I am pleasantly surprised that those pieces of concept art indicate substantial real sets (far more extensive than Toy Story Mania)... but that's about all I have to say about it in a positive way.

9. Paulio

Paulio Member

No thanks to Disney unfortunately, and with the Epic Universe park in development, it doesn't look like any furthur MSHI development is going to happen anytime soon.

10. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

It could happen sooner then we think. Maybe 2024? Unless Zelda gets built first of course.

11. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

12. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

WTF is going on at WDI?

malice likes this.
  13. OrlLover

OrlLover Member

Come on guys it’s just a basic shooter nothing more or less which may be the only option upper management approved of.

14. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Newcomer

Disney was given the opportunity to build attractions based off the most successful film franchise of all time. A franchise that lends itself to thrilling and innovative attractions, and yet we get this boring tech campus crap. In theory, Marvel Land has the potential to be the greatest thing ever, yet WDI seems to have no idea what is appealing about the franchise.

badlactose, alias8703, malice and 7 others like this.
  15. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

As i've said before, the campus idea is a giant mistake. There should've been at least 2-3 pretty well themed mini-lands (Wakanda, Asgard and Marvel's New York for example) with a hub connecting all three. "Marvel" is not an IP. Black Panther is. Thor is. Iron Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, etc are.

I could write a much longer post (and have in the past, but i'm too lazy to look for it right now), but it just seems like WDI doesn't understand Marvel at all.

16. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Newcomer

I agree that there are locations in the MCU that could translate well to a theme park. The franchise is so rich with possibilities, good designers could easily design an entire theme park out of it. Outside, Wakanda, Asgard, and New York, you also have Knowhere which would be a great hub for all the cosmic stuff. Also, a Stark Expo that is like the one from The First Avenger would make for a great land.

17. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

It’s the biggest franchise of all time. Why are they wanting to dip their toes?

The only legitimate reason I can think of is that Disney think it will be a monster hit regardless of what crap they put out so why bother putting in the effort or the money.

18. Stitch_101

Stitch_101 Member

I think it's a mixture of this and the fact that Disney has poured so much money into additions in the US parks that haven't all had the success and return on investment they had hoped for.

19. MrBlonde

MrBlonde Rookie

Lobotomies.

This setting is so generic it could easily be ant-man, iron man, shield, or any other tech based hero.

Why are they phoning it in? This make Amazing Spider-Man over at IOA feel innovative by comparison despite being 20 years old.

Mad Dog likes this.
  20. Tobias

Tobias Member

…..
    ……..

First off, well someone clearly wants to dance along a very thin tightrope here. Though why do I have a feeling Disney is not gonna' put out a blog post dunking on them and stating that's not what's happening?

Is it just me, or does the preshow/queue settings look a tad like the infamous Journey into Your Imagination? Not the best kind of vibe you wanna' go for here.

Other than that, it's just bland industrial setting after bland industrial setting. With most of the work being done via AR on the window/screen on the RV. For a hero with such a vibrant rogue's gallery and what you can do with them...THIS is what they come up with? Like with Donald Duck "dressed" as the Hulk, this is again coming off as a company that just doesn't "get" the IP they have.

Out of curiosity, is Joe Rohde working on this? If not, it's kinda' crazy he was able to do far more with a overlay than what WDI is making from the ground up. Though if he is, what the heck is going on here?!

GhostHost85 likes this.