1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Spider-Man Attraction (DCA)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by AlexanderMBush, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Joe is no longer on Marvel projects.

LintemuthStudios and Tobias like this.
  2. Tobias

Tobias Member

Thanks for the info, and well that's a shame. Credit where credit's due, Mission Breakout is a lot of fun and actually worked for me. Spidey on the other hand and what else has been revealed, it's just not inspiring confidence.

3. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Veteran Member

Man just imagine if Universal was in control of all of Marvel with Epic Universe coming up

4. MrBlonde

MrBlonde Rookie

The problem I see that there’s nothing unique about this ride to reflect the character or the uniqueness of the ip. I hope there’s something we don’t know to put a better spin on this.

allaboutthatchase likes this.
  5. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Just seeing this concept art is giving me more justification to not renew pass.

6. OrlLover

OrlLover Member

I just playing devil’s advocate for the most part but I give up. :bolt:

LintemuthStudios and Fallow like this.
  7. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Like I can see how it COULD be really great or different especially with AR.

I think the culture of WDI doesn't lend itself to general Marvel projects too well, they tend to want to have EVERYONE be a super hero when that's sorta not the point. Just as I wouldn't trust Universal with a sincere princess movie attraction I don't think WDI does well with these sorts of projects.

8. WAJAS98

WAJAS98 Veteran Member

I agree. If they designed Kong, instead of being stuck in the middle of a fight with the dinosaur and Kong, we would be somehow helping Kong in the fight.

Heroes instead of victims.

9. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Premium Member

....and something really Horrible happened to the Princess after the Prince kissed her. ;)

10. Paulio

Paulio Member

Pretty much, if Universal still retains the Marvel theme parks worldwide, they would have done a much better job. Marvel is something that doesn't fit properly with the Disney Brand because of its style and attitude relative to real life different than the cookie cutter family-friendly movies Disney have before 2009. Unfortunately, Disney is extremely overprotective of its IPs and is a major theme park rival to Universal. There's no way in hell Disney would give that right back to Universal, which would have done a great job with their IPs. Universal got the Marvel theme park rights first, not Disney (which wanted nothing to do with Marvel until 2009).

11. Legacy

Legacy Veteran Member

We're going to take a hero known for swinging from skyscrapers and (essentially) base jumping, and put him in the narrow corridors of a factory.

Like, I get Uni's Spider-Man does it for a bit, but it's strictly to introduce the villains. The bulk of the ride is outdoors/in the air.

12. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

Joe Rhode wasn't the lead Imagineer on GOTG: MB. He was just the face of the project to lessen the blow of TOT closing.

Dhdhddh likes this.
  13. Spaulding

Spaulding Member

The design of this looks like it was originally going to be a generic SHIELD shooter, and late in the game they decided to slap Spidey's name on it and throw a few webs here and there.

rcoasterdude, Freak, belloq87 and 5 others like this.
  14. Evan

Evan Member

It sounds like they really should just build a Marvel focused theme park. Get away from the Disney brand, build a thrilling theme park for Marvel fans.

15. k_peek_2000

I think a Marvel centric park would 100% work. You could have a New York Area, Wokanda, Asgard, Knowhere, Stark Expo. JEEZE the potential is almost limitless.

16. darkridelover

darkridelover Premium Member

I don't know. A modern day peppers ghost effect that tracks with a moving vehicle sounds interesting to me. Maybe this isn't the right way to use the technology but it is innovative

17. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

There should have been a new Disney park with Marvel and Star Wars as the headliners. Marvel wouldn't be able to carry the wait all on it's own (especially if the brand dies out somehow), but a four-land park like Epic Universe would have been fine.

That park could have had Pandora (west coast version), Marvel (New York and Wakanda), Star Wars (Galaxy's Edge with another ride or two and the entertainment that got cut), and Pixar. Tron could have been in the entrance area to keep it out of Tomorrowland (rumors keep saying that it'll go there). Problem solved.

18. OrlLover

OrlLover Member

Am I only one who thinks that parks based on one IP wouldn’t be successful?

19. k_peek_2000

Marvel isn't 1 IP though. There are marvel princesses, villains, heroes, video games, books and comics (obviously). If you only think super heroes when you think Marvel, then you're not totally familiar with them. I would argue and stand behind the sentiment that there are more diverse characters and original stories at Marvel, than at Disney (before they purchased it).

Chris Galindo and Jamesh22 like this.
  20. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

What parks?