1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Spider-Man Attraction (DCA)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by AlexanderMBush, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Chris Galindo

Chris Galindo Veteran Member

I would honestly love it if DCA went with Marvel COMICS instead of the MCU. But unfortunately it's too late - they've already got Mission Breakout and they counted their chickens before they hatched.

GhostHost85 likes this.
  2. Imperius

Imperius Veteran Member

Because Spider-Man is the biggest marvel hero and will bring people to the parks. No one cares about a SHIELD shooter. They care about park tickets.

Grits0808 and Dhdhddh like this.
  3. Paulio

Paulio Member

It makes me angry that USH didn't bother to promote the Marvel characters here in California. IMO, they would have done a far better job in creating Marvel attractions than Disney would have done. Unfortunately, as we all know, Universal's parent company in the 2000s didn't bother to invest and had no care in the theme parks, so all Marvel characters left USH in 2007.

4. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

Can I get a recap?

5. Stitch_101

Stitch_101 Member

Talks about extending Disney and Sony's partnership to feature Spider-Man in the MCU broke down. Spider-Man will no longer be associated with the MCU and Sony will be taking back full control of the character. This calls into question the new Spiderman ride at the Disneyland Resort. I guess it may be possible that the ride required a separate contract negotiation that hasn't been made public, one that would have needed to be set in stone already, but that being said it calls into question if Disney would still go forward with a ride featuring a character no long associated with MCU in the MCU Land.

allaboutthatchase and Dhdhddh like this.
  6. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

No, I meant that he implied many other bad things had happened with Disney, other than the Spidey deal falling apart.

7. rageofthegods

rageofthegods Veteran Member

Disney is being investigated by the SEC for possibly falsifying theme park revenue. There was also a massive kerfuffle over a Medium article that alleges some of Disney Forum's biggest posters are sockpuppets maintained by the company to make them look good/criticize Bob Chapek. It's a mess.

allaboutthatchase likes this.
  8. Stitch_101

Stitch_101 Member

Ah, well the Medium article detailing Disney swaying fan opinion through Al Lutz (among MANY other things, it's a rollercoaster if even half of it is true) and then the reports coming out yesterday about the whistelblower going to the SEC with possible evidence that Disney has been cooking their books to reflect a higher revenue than they were actually making (which is a big deal as that directly influences stock prices and could mean serious trouble if investigated and turns out true). And then there is the news about a fan favorite "celeb" CM doing, well... not so good things. So yeah, bad week for Disney leading up to D23.

9. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Well, I mean, GotG could always be changed. I know it’s highly, highly unlikely, but it’s not like it’s something that can’t be changed.

Chris Galindo likes this.
  10. Stitch_101

Stitch_101 Member

Realistically though, it makes more sense for them to rework a currently in development ride than it is to rework a currently in develop ride AND a current attraction due to this snafu.

allaboutthatchase and alias8703 like this.
  11. GhostHost85

GhostHost85 Newcomer

With how generic the concept art is for the Spider-Man ride, it should be fairly easy to change things since the earliest it could open is next year.

Chris Galindo, Paulio and Dhdhddh like this.
  12. Dhdhddh

Dhdhddh Rookie

Spider-Man deserves more than a D-Ticket shooter. I say give the concept to Black Widow. They’re already in the process of filming her solo movie, so I can’t imagine it would be too difficult to get ScarJo. It also allows for cross promotion as it’s coming out in May of 2020.

13. Nick

I mean, ScarJo is the highest paid female actress out there right now, so she wouldn’t exactly be easy, either.

allaboutthatchase likes this.
  14. Dhdhddh

Dhdhddh Rookie

True, but the fact that they’re currently filming a movie that she stars in, it might be easier to get ahold of her than it would be otherwise.

15. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Disney owns the theme park rights for Spider-Man west of the Mississippi. Don’t worry.

16. Nick

If they’ve already filmed with Holland for the ride (which I don’t know one way or the other), would they be able to use that for the ride or could Sony say no now?

Scott W. likes this.
  17. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

Probably use it, but I don’t think they have yet. I mean they didn’t film for GOTG ride at Epcot when they could have.

Dhdhddh likes this.
  18. Nick

They can film with characters they have the rights to whenever they want though. You’d think, knowing they only had Spidey on a five-picture deal, that they would’ve tried to get that done in a more timely manner.

Joe likes this.
  19. alias8703

alias8703 Rookie

...how can you be a celeb if you're just a CM at Disneyland? I...

BUT PLEASE DO TELL!!!

20. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Rookie

Instagram Followers