1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Spider-Man Attraction (DCA)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by AlexanderMBush, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Jamesh22

Jamesh22 Premium Member

What they really need is a JK Rowling type figure to police them a bit and push them in the right directions for the IP they are working on.
    Stan Lee would have been perfect.

Dhdhddh, Freak, Mad Dog and 1 other person like this.
  2. Cup_Of_Coffee

Cup_Of_Coffee Veteran Member

Ya, this. Shows how successful this tactic is when you see the impact the Wizarding World has had, and what looks to be yet another game changer in Super Nintendo World. I think this way Universal can't really get in their own ways, and companies can have influence in their IPs. I mean, do we know how heavily involved George Lucas was for SWGE?

Dhdhddh likes this.
  3. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

Disney has been incredibly tone deaf the past few years. I don't even think they know what their own fans even like.

4. Paulio

Paulio Member

I think the reason why Marvel Super Hero Island and the Amazing Spider-Man ride at IOA works because it has a comic book feel to it (meaning it place more emphasis on the Marvel comic feel) and had input from Steven Spielberg, who is currently a creative consultant for Universal parks.

Ha! Disney still feels like they don't need any outsiders in telling them what to do though because they still think their way of doing is better than anything. They still haven't learned their ways.

5. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

Would you rather have DCA 1.0 again?

6. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

I don't think anyone's asking for that but I do think it is..pragmatic that groups do evolve. WDI should evolve, and adapt towards new and exciting ideas; and that I do think they should've had people from Lucasfilm and Marvel be more present in the creative decisions of what goes into the sake of Marvel and Star Wars.

As far as who should've..it amazes me to see Kevin's hand not being as deep within the parks as it is for Film and Television.

Dhdhddh and Cup_Of_Coffee like this.
  7. Cup_Of_Coffee

Ya honestly, this is the biggest mistake from Disney right now. Be willing to listen!!

8. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

Throwing money at problems doesn't always fix the issues.

Chris Galindo likes this.
  9. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

Worse than Pixar Pier?

10. Cup_Of_Coffee

Yes. Especially after the success of the Avengers. But, let’s see what we get with Spidey

Dhdhddh likes this.
  11. nanothegotchi

nanothegotchi Newcomer

Stan Lee is most assuredly not the type of person who’d demand anything. The only reason why Rowling has any power, period, is because she individually has a stake and power in the IP she created.

Not even Shigeru Miyamoto is a big deal person who means anything as a figurehead. Maybe George Lucas would have, and that’s if he still owned his IP entirely and would have been just as strict as Rowling.

Dhdhddh likes this.
  12. HereWeGo

HereWeGo Member

Do we think the new Spidey deal that was just announced also includes being able to use Tom Holland in the theme parks?

13. Paulio

Paulio Member

Theme park rights and movie rights are different, though often interwined when it comes to leverage to promote a specific company. DCA will construct the so-called "Marvel" land as they already planned.

Dhdhddh likes this.
  14. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

It’s still a better idea to use a masked Spidey as the contract will eventually run up again.

Dhdhddh, HereWeGo and Chris Galindo like this.
  15. HereWeGo

HereWeGo Member

No yeah I'm fully aware that they are different, that's why I asked if the deal also included rights regarding the theme park, as a separate addendum.

But I completely agree with Nick that they should keep him masked. It's the smartest way to go about it.