Web Slingers (DCA) | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Web Slingers (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Y'all over there complaining about Uni cancelling the Iron Legion Ride, but Disney's over there actually building the Iron Legion.
Even if you’re talking about the swinging patent. That’s just a mildly upgraded kuka arm.

Ok. Now i'm worried Spider-man is just TSMM or such again.

Looking at the layout of this thing, the majority of the layout is a set of switchbacks. Alternating in the switchbacks are long walls which clearly have screens on both sides...

It's TSMM to a T...I legit don't know how to comprehend them mishandling a goldmine of a IP like this.

Looking at the layout of this thing, the majority of the layout is a set of switchbacks. Alternating in the switchbacks are long walls which clearly have screens on both sides...

It's TSMM to a T...I legit don't know how to comprehend them mishandling a goldmine of a IP like this.

Add that on top of TSMM already being in DCA.

Reactions: alias8703
I think if it’s not something they can clone everywhere they’ll go lazy. They’ll go nuts with GotG because they can plop that new coaster down in any resort.

Even DL or DCA?

Will DLP get GotG for ToT?

Wow, they did not just waste freaking Spiderman on a TSMM ride system... SMH, just wow.

Can't say we failed to beat Universal's Spider-Man if we never tried. - Disney probably.

afd.jpg_large

Reactions: Spider-Sonic
Just looked at the plans. Wow, what a freaking waste of a huge IP.

I mean, I never expected a show-stopping E-ticket, but if it was something extremely similar to Justice League, that would've been a huge upgrade compared to a Midway Mania clone. I mean, c'mon. On the bright side, they did say that there will be some practical effects involved.

Remember when I said we should wait before we can crap on it? Well, now I think we can crap on it. If they want to get people to California Adventure to take the pressure of of DL, they're doing a terrible job. Nobody wants to go to DCA.

Add that on top of TSMM already being in DCA.

Yup, and that won't help one bit. At least with UO, they have Spider-Man and Transformers in separate parks.

If the DLP version of the ride is the same one as DCA is getting then no one should ever demand Universal had the rights over.

Agreed. Now granted, by all accounts Mission Breakout sounds like a lot of fun and I do look forward to riding it this July, but when everything else is just simple overlays or old tech/concepts the parks already have...it's a stunning lack of creativity.

Yes, I know due to the Marvel contract that they can't make a Spider-Man ride like Uni's, but that should be taken as a opportunity to bring forth a flurry of ideas to make something unique. I wish they had the same drive as they're putting forth with Galaxy's Edge, because there's a plethora of amazing things they can do with it. But we're just not seeing that.

I mean, I never expected a show-stopping E-ticket, but if it was something extremely similar to Justice League, that would've been a huge upgrade compared to a Midway Mania clone. I mean, c'mon.

It's a stunning thought that Six Flags themselves would come up with a bolder approach to a Super Hero dark ride then Disney...where their ride is literally going into a park which was built with a "If it's good enough for Six Flags..." mentality.

Reactions: Freak
Just watched a ninjago video. That is 100% worse if that’s the plan IMO. That whole handless shooting thing is just weird.

Apparently, Orangegrove has heard of it being more similar to..Ninjago. From LEGOLand.

Additionally, Tom Corless has backed that up.

I mean it makes sense and would make for a killer sales item, I just wonder if they're making a mistake making it way too much like TSMM. I wonder if wed be seeing the same pushback if they made the ride track more meandering and natural than the TSMM switchbacks.

I mean it makes sense and would make for a killer sales item, I just wonder if they're making a mistake making it way too much like TSMM. I wonder if wed be seeing the same pushback if they made the ride track more meandering and natural than the TSMM switchbacks.

I think anything involving simply moving from screen to screen to screen in a fairly basic RV with an interactive element (and in a park that already has TSMM) would - correctly - be seen as too similar. And severely underwhelming.

I mean, this is Spider-Man. He's in the conversation for one of the most recognized, beloved fictional characters of the 20th and 21st centuries... and you, Disney, are gonna give him a glorified video game ride-through? That's the extent of your vision for what to do with this character in a theme park? I know The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man is possibly the greatest ride ever designed, and would be extremely hard to top, but you could at least TRY.

Last edited: