Web Slingers (DCA) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Web Slingers (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oof that’s painful that they’d have 2 Spider-Man projects and the one going in the “OG”park (or at least near it) is going to be the shooting gallerytype. The swinging one seems like an exhilarating experience, and the only way that it can differentiate itself from IoA and still be received well. Oh well I hope it goes well.

It’s a little annoying that they keep making mediocre MCU additions when they’ve made so many billions off of it. I’d argue they should have prioritized a marvel land over SW:GE.

Yeah, it's really weird that the MCU really is one of the biggest properties they have...yet most of what they've made for it park-wise has been rather underwhelming.

Iron Man - Basic screen simulator that's been around since...1987.
Ant-Man and the Wasp - A overlay of Buzz which looks more static and stale than what Buzz was.

The only outlier so far is GotG - Mission: Breakout! as that ride totally surprised me on how much fun it was. For me that was a overlay done right, in more ways than one as it takes full advantage of the format that DCA's tower uses. And I feel it can honestly stand on it's own. Something the DCA ToT could never do as it was always in the shadow of the superior original version in Orlando...and TDS's with it's unique story and impeccable theming.

But so far that ride has been the only outlier, and Spiderman doesn't look like it's going to move the needle with it looking akin to TSMM. Don't get me wrong, TSMM is a fun ride, but it's also in the very same park that Spiderman is going in...

Seriously, right next door is a land based off the weakest Pixar series and it's undeniably done really well AND it's anchor E-ticket is one of the best rides in the park. It's gonna' be really strange if that ends up better than this.

Yeah, it's really weird that the MCU really is one of the biggest properties they have...yet most of what they've made for it park-wise has been rather underwhelming.

Iron Man - Basic screen simulator that's been around since...1987.
Ant-Man and the Wasp - A overlay of Buzz which looks more static and stale than what Buzz was.

The only outlier so far is GotG - Mission: Breakout! as that ride totally surprised me on how much fun it was. For me that was a overlay done right, in more ways than one as it takes full advantage of the format that DCA's tower uses. And I feel it can honestly stand on it's own. Something the DCA ToT could never do as it was always in the shadow of the superior original version in Orlando...and TDS's with it's unique story and impeccable theming.

But so far that ride has been the only outlier, and Spiderman doesn't look like it's going to move the needle with it looking akin to TSMM. Don't get me wrong, TSMM is a fun ride, but it's also in the very same park that Spiderman is going in...

Seriously, right next door is a land based off the weakest Pixar series and it's undeniably done really well AND it's anchor E-ticket is one of the best rides in the park. It's gonna' be really strange if that ends up better than this.
Weakest Pixar Series ???

With Chapek in charge, I'm not expecting much from this. I feel that the main reason that Mission: Breakout turned out as good as it did was because of Gunn and Rodhe's involvement. Based off the rumors of this being a Toy Story Midway Mania Clone; and how poor the Iron Man Experience and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle seem to be, Mission: Breakout was likely a fluke. I still dearly miss the DCA Tower of Terror and thought Mission: Breakout wouldn't work. Somehow it did despite all odds. Maybe I will get surprised again with this Spider-Man ride, but considering how boring I find TSMM, I highly doubt it.

Also, I am totally confused by the focus on having an industrial aesthetic and so many pipes for Marvel Land.

With Chapek in charge, I'm not expecting much from this. I feel that the main reason that Mission: Breakout turned out as good as it did was because of Gunn and Rodhe's involvement. Based off the rumors of this being a Toy Story Midway Mania Clone; and how poor the Iron Man Experience and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Nano Battle seem to be, Mission: Breakout was likely a fluke. I still dearly miss the DCA Tower of Terror and thought Mission: Breakout wouldn't work. Somehow it did despite all odds. Maybe I will get surprised again with this Spider-Man ride, but considering how boring I find TSMM, I highly doubt it.

Also, I am totally confused by the focus on having an industrial aesthetic and so many pipes for Marvel Land.

Although they are just overlays both Iron Man and Ant-Man are both very enjoyable. I would like to see more than one film with Iron Man (like Star Tours)

and now we have somewhere to buy random crap... ;)

This looks like it could be placed in a transition to another land, where the theme has to look right from different angles in both lands. Maybe you can see this from Sunset Blvd or somewhere near Carsland. That would explain the nondescript design.

This looks really, really bad. It definitely does not belong in a Disney Theme Park. It looks like some run down old building in a really bad part of town. I continue to be confused with the direction that WDI is taking with Marvel Land.

Yet animal kingdom is widely regarded as the best themed park... but ok! I think something like this looks way more alive and lived in when you combine the greenery and landscaping, and its not yellow dead grass and weeds. It can add layers to the area.