Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Web Slingers (DCA)

DelightfulParchedGermanspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Disney was given the opportunity to build attractions based off the most successful film franchise of all time. A franchise that lends itself to thrilling and innovative attractions, and yet we get this boring tech campus crap. In theory, Marvel Land has the potential to be the greatest thing ever, yet WDI seems to have no idea what is appealing about the franchise.

Disney was given the opportunity to build attractions based off the most successful film franchise of all time. A franchise that lends itself to thrilling and innovative attractions, and yet we get this boring tech campus crap. In theory, Marvel Land has the potential to be the greatest thing ever, yet WDI seems to have no idea what is appealing about the franchise.
As i've said before, the campus idea is a giant mistake. There should've been at least 2-3 pretty well themed mini-lands (Wakanda, Asgard and Marvel's New York for example) with a hub connecting all three. "Marvel" is not an IP. Black Panther is. Thor is. Iron Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, etc are.

I could write a much longer post (and have in the past, but i'm too lazy to look for it right now), but it just seems like WDI doesn't understand Marvel at all.

As i've said before, the campus idea is a giant mistake. There should've been at least 2-3 pretty well themed mini-lands (Wakanda, Asgard and Marvel's New York for example) with a hub connecting all three. "Marvel" is not an IP. Black Panther is. Thor is. Iron Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, etc are.

I could write a much longer post (and have in the past, but i'm too lazy to look for it right now), but it just seems like WDI doesn't understand Marvel at all.

I agree that there are locations in the MCU that could translate well to a theme park. The franchise is so rich with possibilities, good designers could easily design an entire theme park out of it. Outside, Wakanda, Asgard, and New York, you also have Knowhere which would be a great hub for all the cosmic stuff. Also, a Stark Expo that is like the one from The First Avenger would make for a great land.

Come on guys it’s just a basic shooter nothing more or less which may be the only option upper management approved of.

It’s the biggest franchise of all time. Why are they wanting to dip their toes?

The only legitimate reason I can think of is that Disney think it will be a monster hit regardless of what crap they put out so why bother putting in the effort or the money.

It’s the biggest franchise of all time. Why are they wanting to dip their toes?

The only legitimate reason I can think of is that Disney think it will be a monster hit regardless of what crap they put out so why bother putting in the effort or the money.

I think it's a mixture of this and the fact that Disney has poured so much money into additions in the US parks that haven't all had the success and return on investment they had hoped for.

WTF is going on at WDI?
Lobotomies.

This setting is so generic it could easily be ant-man, iron man, shield, or any other tech based hero.

Why are they phoning it in? This make Amazing Spider-Man over at IOA feel innovative by comparison despite being 20 years old.

…..
……..

First off, well someone clearly wants to dance along a very thin tightrope here. Though why do I have a feeling Disney is not gonna' put out a blog post dunking on them and stating that's not what's happening?

Is it just me, or does the preshow/queue settings look a tad like the infamous Journey into Your Imagination? Not the best kind of vibe you wanna' go for here.

Other than that, it's just bland industrial setting after bland industrial setting. With most of the work being done via AR on the window/screen on the RV. For a hero with such a vibrant rogue's gallery and what you can do with them...THIS is what they come up with? Like with Donald Duck "dressed" as the Hulk, this is again coming off as a company that just doesn't "get" the IP they have.

Out of curiosity, is Joe Rohde working on this? If not, it's kinda' crazy he was able to do far more with a overlay than what WDI is making from the ground up. Though if he is, what the heck is going on here?!