Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Web Slingers (DCA)

What they really need is a JK Rowling type figure to police them a bit and push them in the right directions for the IP they are working on.
Stan Lee would have been perfect.
Ya, this. Shows how successful this tactic is when you see the impact the Wizarding World has had, and what looks to be yet another game changer in Super Nintendo World. I think this way Universal can't really get in their own ways, and companies can have influence in their IPs. I mean, do we know how heavily involved George Lucas was for SWGE?

I have an slightly different take on it:
Like Galaxys Edge this is an attraction based on an IP the imagineers either don't love or don't understand.
That appears to be the biggest problem at Disney right now IMO.

I think the reason why Marvel Super Hero Island and the Amazing Spider-Man ride at IOA works because it has a comic book feel to it (meaning it place more emphasis on the Marvel comic feel) and had input from Steven Spielberg, who is currently a creative consultant for Universal parks.

What they really need is a JK Rowling type figure to police them a bit and push them in the right directions for the IP they are working on.

Ha! Disney still feels like they don't need any outsiders in telling them what to do though because they still think their way of doing is better than anything. They still haven't learned their ways.

Just look at the Avengers campus. Imagineering needs a revamp honestly. If you can't properly handle properties like Marvel/Star Wars, yikes. That being said ill wait to judge until this opens but the entire Avengers area just screams massive disappointment to me.
Would you rather have DCA 1.0 again?

Would you rather have DCA 1.0 again?

I don't think anyone's asking for that but I do think it is..pragmatic that groups do evolve. WDI should evolve, and adapt towards new and exciting ideas; and that I do think they should've had people from Lucasfilm and Marvel be more present in the creative decisions of what goes into the sake of Marvel and Star Wars.

As far as who should've..it amazes me to see Kevin's hand not being as deep within the parks as it is for Film and Television.

I don't think anyone's asking for that but I do think it is..pragmatic that groups do evolve. WDI should evolve, and adapt towards new and exciting ideas; and that I do think they should've had people from Lucasfilm and Marvel be more present in the creative decisions of what goes into the sake of Marvel and Star Wars.

As far as who should've..it amazes me to see Kevin's hand not being as deep within the parks as it is for Film and Television.
Ya honestly, this is the biggest mistake from Disney right now. Be willing to listen!!

Stan Lee is most assuredly not the type of person who’d demand anything. The only reason why Rowling has any power, period, is because she individually has a stake and power in the IP she created.

Not even Shigeru Miyamoto is a big deal person who means anything as a figurehead. Maybe George Lucas would have, and that’s if he still owned his IP entirely and would have been just as strict as Rowling.

Do we think the new Spidey deal that was just announced also includes being able to use Tom Holland in the theme parks?

Do we think the new Spidey deal that was just announced also includes being able to use Tom Holland in the theme parks?

Theme park rights and movie rights are different, though often interwined when it comes to leverage to promote a specific company. DCA will construct the so-called "Marvel" land as they already planned.

Theme park rights and movie rights are different, though often interwined when it comes to leverage to promote a specific company. DCA will construct the so-called "Marvel" land as they already planned.

No yeah I'm fully aware that they are different, that's why I asked if the deal also included rights regarding the theme park, as a separate addendum.

But I completely agree with Nick that they should keep him masked. It's the smartest way to go about it.

From Bio:

Could just be a case of depth perception from such a high-up shot but the pathway connecting Spider-Man with the Avengers Campus hub looks really slim.

With only one new ride opening, Guardians already existing for 4 years and the popularity of the MCU. I'm getting nervous about the land's potential congestion problems. Could become DCA's version of New Orleans Square, always a pain to get through on busy days.

I just pray they make great MCU rides. Im going to California later this summer for a wedding and hope to check out DCA, but will likely do a Disneyland trip when the Avengers E ticket is open. I love the MCU and think it has ridiculous theme park potential but idk about Disney and these properties. Admittedly, Guardians looked fun when I watched a POV once so ill give em a chance for sure.

So, uh, anyone excited for this ride? I feel like I've come around on it, and by that I mean I have no inclination as to whether it will be good or bad. I think I have a little more hope after seeing what Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway did with projection mapping.

So, uh, anyone excited for this ride? I feel like I've come around on it, and by that I mean I have no inclination as to whether it will be good or bad. I think I have a little more hope after seeing what Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway did with projection mapping.

I'm super freaking excited tbh!