Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

I noticed that the bumper rips off, but not until about my fourth ride. Always heard JJJ say that but never made the connection with the bumper. Awesome.

I don't know about Doc Ock "losing his balance" though. I'm almost positive you can see Spidey web him out of there. That with the combination of the Scoop in reverse makes the bumper rip off.

It wasn't until about my sixth or seventh ride until I understood the part right after this scene. The weird wobbly part, but then I saw the arrow that read "To 12th St." (I think that's what it says) The Scoop goes up some stairs to "ground level."

I always thought the reason The Scoop was struggling at the tunnel with red lights was cuz it had been thru a lot of **** and was trying to continue working

That part of the ride is the scoop going back up to City Level. That is why it has that jerky motion of struggling. You spin down into the sewers and then leave the scene going up the stairs of the sub system.

Oh..cool. I LOVES THE SCOOP!!!! I think it's so cool that it takes quite the beating but keeps on rollin!! BEST. CAR. EVARS!!!!!

Last edited:
So I'm completely prepared to be burned at the stake as a Uni hater for saying this, but I can't help but be a little disappointed by this. I love Spiderman. And I know the HD looks and will be great. But from the hype I expected more. I feel like this is something that should have been done a little quieter. I also think that the money could ha e been spent better. While I know Spiderman is aging, I think its projection still looked really good. Better than FJ at least. I would have rather seen the money spent on a new queue for the ride. Or new projection in FJ. Or spent somewhere in Suess. Or towards a new ride or show in the Toon Lagoon theater. I know it will be awesome. I just wish it could be more.

Last edited:
I wasn't too excited about this until I saw the picture. That and the easter eggs are going to really add to the ride. :thumbs:

Patience my friends, this is only the tip of the iceberg.

Everyone keeps saying that. Are there more UO announcements coming soon? I'm in love with both of these announcements. Any more and I might pass out.

I wasn't too excited about this until I saw the picture. That and the easter eggs are going to really add to the ride. :thumbs:

My thoughts exactly. If that's what we can expect, New Spidey gon' be gawjus.

Last edited:
Everyone keeps saying that. Are there more UO announcements coming soon? I'm in love with both of these announcements. Any more and I might pass out.

Well, the permits for Wondersea Island have already been filed, therefore maybe more soon. :shrug:

I was pretty excited about Spiderman going digital but this whole reanimation just takes it to the next level. It really is a surprisingly great announcement and an enhancement that's sure to keep the ride as one of the best attractions in theme park history for another 10+ years.

I was pretty excited about Spiderman going digital but this whole reanimation just takes it to the next level. It really is a surprisingly great announcement and an enhancement that's sure to keep the ride as one of the best attractions in theme park history for another 10+ years.

This. I mean, Spidey opened with the park in '99. For an attraction of its caliber, the film was likely made at least several years prior, somewhere around the mid-90's. This upgrade will be the difference between Toy Story and Toy Story 3. Get excited, folks.

Interesting. Name change for Lost Continent? Enhancements? Axing Lord Darkenon? Oops, let my mind go crazy there for a second.

It's actually believed to be a new water park. There's a recent thread on it floating around here somewhere.

Very excited but universal is doing what disney does best now, Get and old ride and redo it. But I'm very excited about the news!

This is great news! Spider Man in my mind was already the best overall ride in Orlando and this is gonna make it much better. I highly doubt they'll change anything but if anything at least replace Scream with Venom or something, I don't think anyone knows who she is. Replacing Hobgoblin with Green Goblin wouldn't be so bad either.