Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
(Moving comment here)

Anybody remember seeing that Travel Channel Secrets: Backstage at Universal Orlando episode ten years ago (it's on MouseBits if not)? How they had pressurized rooms to protect the film from dust. It's about time. Spidey was showing his age a bit, but this is just plain epic.

One teeny tiny concern though. I hope the animation isn't too real. Guests are "dropped into the pages of a comic book" (Scott Trowbridge). Things should look a little cartoony. I just don't want a realistic looking show to clash with the very cartoon-looking queue. Time will tell.

ive never heard of mousebits until now. im downloading all universal videos and will seed them forever. thanks!

also i dont think the new 3D will take away from the cartoony look at all.

new set enhancements! wonder what that means.

I'm gonna guess tweaking the set to look more like the updated ride video, new lighting, stuff like that.

I highly doubt they'll change anything but if anything at least replace Scream with Venom or something, I don't think anyone knows who she is.
100% agreed. I think the only reason they used her was because she was in the comic book's storyline at that time. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed her out for Venom or even Carnage.

On another note, was it said if the audio would stay the same, or would there be new voice acting and/or music?

Last edited:
I wonder if the truck driver will be getting reanimated? I really doubt they'll change any characters though. They would have to also change the pre-show video and the posters along the alleyway. I'm pretty sure this is strictly a reanimation with added Easter eggs.

I'll jump on the bandwagon, and say that this is really excting stuff. Spidey was really showing its age with blurred edges and double images, at least for me. Like others have said I doubt they will replace any characters or alter the storyline in any way, there's no need to. The easter eggs will be cool, but the best part is definetely the super high clarity we'll be getting. FJ stole Spidey's well-deserved thunder, but hopefully, this will bring people's attention back to this awesome dark ride. As for the set enhancements, probably just repainting, maybe added small effects like the Jacob's ladder. Can't wait for the transition to happen, hopefully it's soon!

Sounds good to me. It's good that Universal still cares about making Spidey look great, even when Potter stole a bit of its thunder.

It makes me sad that they didn't give this treatment to BTTF instead of removing it, but enough on that.

Are we not going to have to wear 3d glasses anymore?

Nope, its just gonna be like those Mind's Eyes books where you have to cross your eyes, and concentrate really hard to see the 3D image :lol:....here's your sign :thumbs:

I don't feel as though Forbidden Journey stole Spiderman's thunder; they're both equally ground-breaking and revolutionary attractions, but this will just up the antics for Spiderman and make it not only a greater ride, but also one that is as modern as Forbidden Journey.

Also, does anyone know if the projectors on Forbidden Journey are the same as the ones described by Universal to be replacing the current Spidey ones?

For comparisons sake:

43499941.jpg
image_569_newspideylr_low.jpg

Forbidden Journey obviously stole Spider-Man's thunder, it took the top dark ride spot in the polls from it... However with that pic comparison, I'm thinking more average guests will respect Spidey a bit more.