Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I agree. Spiderman has never gone down for a refurbishment. I think they are going to have to do this carefully anyway since the 3D that comes off the screen has to line up properly where the vehicles are. For example, spiderman being on the hood of the Scoop.

I think this could be one of the Easter Eggs....... Maybe?

starkb.jpg

I think this could be one of the Easter Eggs....... Maybe?

Yup! That's Iron Man!

Good eye! I believe an Iron Man picture has always been in that scene, as well as another part of the ride, however, it appears they've updated the image to reflect the more modern-look to Iron Man.

Iron Man FTW!

Same ride, same motions, same storyline. 4K HD digital projections (very, very nice) with re-animation and little Easter eggs like the Stark/Iron-Man reference in the above image.

:doh:

It is the same image that was there before, but definitely more detail to it.

I hope we did not lose the chopper flying overhead.

There is also that Maste Wanagement (Waste Management parody) dumpster now there. That explains why that truck you nearly hit in the scene right after is on his way over there. To me, that is a plussing kind of Easter Egg.

There is also that Maste Wanagement (Waste Management parody) dumpster now there. That explains why that truck you nearly hit in the scene right after is on his way over there. To me, that is a plussing kind of Easter Egg.

Good point! That would make a little bit more since as to why a dump truck comes out of no-where! :lol:

Man if the first scene is this awesome in Easter Eggs, what else will their be? :happy:

I am looking forward to how that Tank Scene may look with the Scream leaping off the edge of it to swipe at your face.....could be awesome.

As much as they are billing it as 4K projection, I don't see how that's achievable in 3D. The only projector currently capable of generating a 4K image is a Sony 4K. But as soon as you show a 3D image in "tripple flash" with polarised glasses, it drops to 2K.

It still looks stunning in 2K, but I'm not convinced this will actually be shown in 4K. Unless they have spent a couple if hundred million dollars and developed some sort of bespoke 4K 3D capable projector.

And as for down time, expect some. Projectors are seldom installed overnight. Especially Sony 4K's. These things are frikkin huge.

1. Wrong, several companies showed 4K projectors capable of producing 3-D imagery just a few weeks ago a CES 2011 and some are already in production
2. As of today 4 projectors are already installed within Spiderman

1. Wrong, several companies showed 4K projectors capable of producing 3-D imagery just a few weeks ago a CES 2011 and some are already in production
2. As of today 4 projectors are already installed within Spiderman

OK thats cool.

1. I wasn't aware other companies are rolling out 4K. I knew Christie was working on it, but not aware of any other companies currently rolling out.
2. "4 projectors"? Or "4K Projectors"?

And I stand by my comments that 4K 3D is (as far as I'm aware) not yet achievable.

2K + 2K does not equal 4K. It equals 2 X 2K images = still 2K.

I would not necessarily disagree but its all in how one looks at it. These things can be measured in different ways. This 3D is simulated via two askew 'camera's of animated CG Imagery. So in their view(pun slightly intended for convenience) it is a 4K view of 3D.