Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
^that is Kong!

No, like d a n n y corrected himself, it's Iron Man. See:
I think this could be one of the Easter Eggs....... Maybe?

starkb.jpg

That new render is just wickedly sick to the HD maximus. One of my all time fav rides in my fav park getting some HD lovin'... Life is good for Spidey folks!

Anyone here ever seen Infitec™ technology implemented? I have never heard of "wavelength multiplexing" before. I wonder how it compares to RealD.

UPDATE: The Infitec 3D system is licensed by Dolby.

"The dichroic filters in the Dolby 3D glasses are more expensive and fragile than the glasses technology used in circular polarization systems like RealD Cinema and are not considered disposable. However, an important benefit of Dolby 3D as compared to RealD is that no special silver screen is needed for it to work."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_3D

Doesn't sound like we will be chucking these glasses into a bin when finished.

dolby3d.jpg

Last edited:
Aw Man, YES!!!!!! Finally a pair of theme park glasses that I won't be yelled at if I try to sneak them into my pocket!!!!!

Nope you will be arrested for theft.

Swung by Spidey this morning and got to talking. The updated projectors that have already been installed are really great. For those who have seen them they know what I am talking about. The thing is though the scenes that are so much clearer are merely due to the projector themselves since the format being used isn't in HD. For example its like having a really nice flat screen TV at home and then turning on basic cable that is being broadcasted in 480P. Sure the picture is cleaner and brighter but its full potential isn't close to being realized. Look out FJ, Spidey is going on the juice.

They haven't changed over to the new glasses yet have they? Unlike the polarized glasses the new glasses will be virtually clear to look through and not have a gray tint.

No change to the glasses.

Aw Man, YES!!!!!! Finally a pair of theme park glasses that I won't be yelled at if I try to sneak them into my pocket!!!!!

I finally figured out what you were saying here. You missed the point of my statement "you won't be chucking these glasses". What I meant is that they are fragile in that the lenses are multi-layered (probably made of thin glass coated in tough plastic) and must meet exacting color standards. I believe we might be handing these to people rather than "chucking them" into a box.

The glasses will most likely be similar or the same as the ones now used on Star Tours.

In other words, the latest Universal commercial that features Spiderman in it is actually pretty accurate.

While some have said that the work on this will be done at night time, I kinda doubt it. The glasses are virtually clear, the entire physical lighting of the ride will have to be revamped and adjusted and tested and tested and adjusted and tested to greatest effect. The people who's eyes make these visual calls don't, as a general rule, do graveyard. This ain't paint'n a steel roller coaster track.

That said, this is a renovation that goes beyond my wildest hopes for a ride update. A newer 3D technology and re-rendering of the sequences themselves. It gives me a potter-under-construction moment. This ride might finally start killing people with bad hearts.

I would count on it being likely that a lot more people prone to motion sickness issues will be ill or puking.

While some have said that the work on this will be done at night time, I kinda doubt it. The glasses are virtually clear, the entire physical lighting of the ride will have to be revamped and adjusted and tested and tested and adjusted and tested to greatest effect. The people who's eyes make these visual calls don't, as a general rule, do graveyard. This ain't paint'n a steel roller coaster track.

That said, this is a renovation that goes beyond my wildest hopes for a ride update. A newer 3D technology and re-rendering of the sequences themselves. It gives me a potter-under-construction moment. This ride might finally start killing people with bad hearts.

Agreed on the closure I said some where on here kind of the same thing with the lighting. Its going to be a great upgrade!

I would count on it being likely that a lot more people prone to motion sickness issues will be ill or puking.

If anything clearing the graphics up should make it easier for riders.

^ Exact opposite for Star Tours 2 though but you never know every ride is different.

I have heard from some Creative people that they are looking into changing the glasses for Spiderman (which is already discussed), but I also heard that they are looking into putting a chip inside each one of them, and when taken past a certain point, an alert of some kind would go off.

Now don't think of it as too crazy. If the glasses are like we think they will be (fragile), then we might indeed be handing them to Team Members at the exit as opposed to throwing them in a bin. All they need to do is have a themed light somewhere that turns on down the exit hallway, to tell the exit Team Members that someone still has a pair. The Team Member then can see approximately who is carrying them.

Now what about when they need cleaning? The glasses would just be walked right past the sensor and the light will go off, but that's it. No loud alarm, nothing.

I have heard from some Creative people that they are looking into changing the glasses for Spiderman (which is already discussed), but I also heard that they are looking into putting a chip inside each one of them, and when taken past a certain point, an alert of some kind would go off.

Now don't think of it as too crazy. If the glasses are like we think they will be (fragile), then we might indeed be handing them to Team Members at the exit as opposed to throwing them in a bin. All they need to do is have a themed light somewhere that turns on down the exit hallway, to tell the exit Team Members that someone still has a pair. The Team Member then can see approximately who is carrying them.

Now what about when they need cleaning? The glasses would just be walked right past the sensor and the light will go off, but that's it. No loud alarm, nothing.

That sounds really cool!

That sounds cool. Annoying, but cool. :lol:

^ Thats a great idea. I am sure the sheer cost of replacing countless glasses would be insane. I mean new glasses for Star Tours ran Disney upwards of 1 million dollars alone.